Wednesday 3 October 2018

Book Haul/// Books of September Part- II.

Hello! 

These are the second batch of books I've added to my shelves in September. 
I got these books from Amazon, as per usual. I love the mix of books here. A classic, a set of love stories from Indian mythology, a book set in Kashmir whose TV show adaptation I vaguely remember, a pulp fiction sort of tale and a collection of poetry. Pretty eclectic if you ask me! 

:)

Let's just jump in shall we? 


Yes please! Pulp fiction is always such good fun to read. I am hoping this one is a fun ride too. 


I think..I remember reading about a Little Dorrit read-a-long happening on Instagram in November...or is it ending in November. I am not entirely sure, but it did motivate me to pick up a copy of my own and reading it this winter. 


I don't read a lot of love stories. But when I saw these mythological love stories I couldn't resist it. I mean these are bound to be fun and I am big fan of all things history and Indian mythology. 


So many people have recommended this book to me and even though I am not a big poetry person, I felt like this is something I should check out. I have seriously heard nothing but good things. 


I only very vaguely remember watching the TV show. But I do remember my family talk fondly of it and I am so excited to be reading this book and getting to know this story. I also hope the episodes of the TV show can be found online! 


BOOKS BOUGHT/// 

Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens 
The Country Without a Post Office by Agha Shahid Ali 
Prem Purana by Usha Narayana 
Anita: A Trophy Wife by Sujatha, Translated by Meera Ravishankar 
Gul Gulshan Gulfam by Pran Kishore

So much happy reading in my future! 
:) 

No comments: