Wednesday 17 October 2018

Durga Pujo 2018: Ashtami & An Old Fashioned Bengali Pujo Pandal


Hello! 

Today I want to share a very favourite Pujo pandal of mine from my town Jalpaiguri. This Pujo is quite tiny in comparison to some giant pandals all over town. This one is small and always stunning. I've seen it thrice in my life and each year they out do themselves. Their pandals are always artistic and so different the other Pujos. 


I love the protimaa. 
The faces of all the thakurs are so cute. And the Goddesses in their red and white sarees are just too adorable. 
Ah! 

Now on to the simple but gorgeous decoration. All of it drenched in old school elements of Bengali culture. 


These giant haath pakhas are just gorgeous! 






Whenever I am in town I make it a point to visit this pandal.

I have had a lovely Ashtami.
We ate some delicious lunch and made a mad dash to see Byomkesh Gawtro, the newest Byomkesh Bakshi film. It was quite lovely and set in Mussoorie, it made me miss Landour so much!
The plan for the rest of the day is to chill at home and avoid the crazy crowds milling about town.
I hope you have had a lovely Ashtami too.  

No comments: