Thursday 11 October 2018

Film Review: Andhadhun


Hello! 

I don't remember the last time I did a full review of film on here before. I have recommended films but I watched Andhadhun yesterday and I just can't stop thinking about it and talking about it and I absolutely needed to do this post. 

Funny story, I hadn't even seen the trailer of this film and booked my tickets on hearing some glowing reviews. Everyone was recommending this film and I knew I had to see it. Plus I have loved every single Sriram Raghavan film. I knew I couldn't miss it. 

Boy I am glad I went and saw the film and I honestly cannot recommend it enough. 

Andhadhun tells the story of Akash a blind pianist living in Pune, who inadvertently witnesses a murder and gets caught up in a series of unfortunate events. 

Things I Liked: 

1. The pace of this film just never lets up. I was literally on the edge of my seat for pretty much the whole ride! It was incredible. 

2. The story and the many, many twists and turns will have you hooked. 

3. The acting from everyone in the cast is fantastic, which is no real surprise given it's Tabu- who is phenomenal and Ayushmann who is such a gifted actor. I especially LOVED Tabu. Her character is truly special and one that will stick with you. Ayushmann too is great, he does a blind character justice and is wonderful as a man who has bitten off more than he can chew. Radhika Apte is good but a brief presence in the film. The host of supporting actors are also very, very good. There honestly isn't a weak link in terms of acting in this film. 

4. I loved the setting of this film. Seeing Pune it's old parts and new was a treat. 

5. I loved that this film doesn't waste a single minute. It holds your attention and doesn't let it slip. The music and songs too don't take away from the story telling. 

6. There are so many twists and turns and surprises and heart stopping action just thrown at you throughout the film. Me and pretty much the entire theatre was gasping at various points. 

7. Sriram Raghavan is a genius. This film might be a new favourite of his. I honestly would 100% recommend all of his films. Ek Haseena Thi and Johnny Gaddar are both incredible films and I quite enjoyed Badlapur too. But this one is now my favourite of all his work. 

Things I Didn't Like:
1. There were some loopholes in the movie, which are pretty big! A lot of the events in the second half would just not fly if those loopholes were not put in, but these are some pretty glaring, obvious loopholes. Sorry, can't say more than that, don't want to spoil the movie.

2. We were not told about what became of some of the characters in the story. Would've been nice to close the loop on all the characters. 

Rating: 4.5/5
This is a brilliant movie! You must go watch it in the theatre, so that movies like these are commercial successes as that's the only way more such movies (with a good story, different treatment etc.) will be made in our film industry. 


No comments: