Tuesday 22 July 2014

Tag: Reading Habit Book Tag!!!

I am feeling super-bored (yes, this is a legitimate feeling!) and felt like doing a fun tag post. I simply Googled Book-Tag and found a list of questions that make-up the Reading Habit Tag. I am a avid reader and I have a few reading habits...let's see what they are!

1. Do you have a certain place at home to read? 

Yes, I read on my sofa. Or on a big comfy chair in my living room. I also loveeeee reading in bed.



Sofa- full of cushions, a good place to read! 


My bed, also full of cushions..also a great place to read. 

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper. 

Bookmark, as a general rule. I always have a bookmark or two lying about being super handy. But if I don't find a bookmark..which is rare, I don't mind using Post-Its or a pretty piece of paper, but it is very, very rare that I don't find a bookmark. 


Bookmarks! The ones above are ones we made ourselves and the one below is a bookmark I love! 




3. Can you stop reading at anytime you want or do you have to stop at particular page, chapter, part etc..? 

Hmm...I can't stop reading mid-sentence. So if the phone rings or the doorbell chimes, I take a second to finish the sentence and then get up. But if I need to do something or go out, I prefer finishing a chapter and then setting the book aside. I am slightly OCD about these things. Even when I put a book down for the night, I stop at a chapter end. 

4. Do you eat or drink while reading? 

I could do some coffee or tea. But I prefer not eating while reading. I am terrified of dropping something on the book or it's a pain to turn pages. Technically you could eat and read on the Kindle but I don't do that. I prefer watching Youtube videos on my iPad when I eat. 


Books, tea and journaling! 

5. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV? 

It really, REALLY depends on the book. Some books..YA, romance...basically lighter reads lend themselves well to music and even a TV show on in the background. But certain books..classics, wordy books or books with intricate plots are best read alone. I mostly read books on their own and like doing so without any distractions. But some nights, I like putting on some music and enjoying my books and music together! 



6. One book at a time or several at once? 

I am a one book at a time girl. I don't juggle books. Though, if two books are very different from each other it's possible to read both, like a short-story collection can be read with another book. But I prefer reading one at  a time. 

7. Reading at home or everywhere? 

Home. I also enjoy reading in coffee shops, in the car (I don't drive) and on flights. 


Here is me reading at Starbucks on my Kindle. On this particular afternoon, I finished one book and started another. 

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head. 

Silently in my head. Who reads out loud?? 

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages? 

Yes to both if it's a bad book or I am not enjoying it enough. I also speed-read through portions if I am not really feeling it. Also, I skip certain bits if I am re-reading, for instance, I skip most of the Quidditch bits in the Potter books. 

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new? 

Whatever makes reading a book easy. I am OK with breaking the spine of a book, I'd much rather have a easy reading experience than leave my book looking new. Also I like the read/loved/used look of my books. I don't need them to remain virgins! 

11. Do you write in your books? 

No, only the ones I studied in college have writing in them. I sometimes highlight certain bits but I never write in my books. I've never felt the need to. 

If you love reading or have a book-blog consider yourself tagged! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey Pooja, why don't you try A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. It's one of the few books which are gut-wrenching, tender and supremely written.

P.S - It's one of the most depressing works I had ever read