Wednesday 19 July 2017

Book Haul: Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery.


“I don't know, I don't want to talk as much. It's nicer to think dear, pretty thoughts and keep them in one's heart, like treasures. I don't like to have them laughed at or wondered over.” 


These end pages are gorgeous as always in the case of these Puffin in Bloom editions. 


“I went looking for my dreams outside of myself and discovered, it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it.” 


“It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” 


Another beauty from my Puffin in Bloom boxset. 

Book: Anne of Green Gables 

Author: L.M. Montgomery 

Pages: 300

First Published in 1908 

Plot Summary: Everyone's favourite redhead, the spunky Anne Shirley, begins her adventures at Green Gables, a farm outside Avonlea, Prince Edward Island. When the freckled girl realises that the elderly Cuthberts wanted to adopt a boy instead, she begins to try to win them and, consequently, the reader, over.

I can't wait to get to this book. The people who've read love it immensely. 
Also, the new Netflix adaptation looks good too. Need to start watching it soon. I've heard a mix bunch of things about it but it does look good. 

:) 




No comments: