Saturday 19 May 2018

Book Haul//// Books of May 2018, Part- II.

Hello! 

Time to share some of my newest bookish loves. So far, May has been a fantastic month for book buying. 
I got all of these books from Amazon in the very beginning of the month and I got mostly a bunch of translated regional fiction. I found some great books and I am so excited to getting to them soon! 

Here's what I added to my bookshelves recently...


BOOKS BOUGHT/// 

The Greatest Urdu Stories Ever Told by Muhammed Umar Memon 
The Story of a Brief Marriage by Anuk Arudpragasam
Diwali in Muzaffarnagar by Tanuj Solanki 
Murder in the City by Supratim Sarkar 
Karmachari by V.P. Kale 



This book sounds so interesting and I am so happy to be reading some Marathi tales in translation.
I also adore the cover illustration, a Mumbai local in all of it's glory. 



My current read which I am enjoying a lot. 
12 Cases from the Kolkata Police case files. 


Short stories set in Muzaffarnagar. I have half a mind to save this book for Diwali but I might cave in and read it early. 




A book from Sri Lanka. 
I might save this for my Indian Books in August. 




This gorgeous book has been on my radar for so long. But it's for ₹ 599 and I just couldn't justify spending so much on a book. Do you have a cut-off for how much you spend on a book? I find anything over 400 a bit much and requires me to think if I should get it or now.  I waited for  so long to get this book and finally got it for 60% off! Yay! 
:)
I was so happy to see so many different writers, most of whom I've never read before. 


All of the books I bought in this haul are from the Indian subcontinent and will make perfect reading material for Indian Books in August, a yearly tradition I have been doing for the last 5 years wherein I read only books from the Indian subcontinent.
Of course, August is still some ways off and I might cave and read some of these books early.

This has been a very good haul! 

No comments: