Friday 4 May 2018

Hello May 2018! + Weekend Reads! + Where Have I Been?

Hello! 

It's been a while! 
I took a bit of a break on the blog. I've been gone for nearly 2 weeks and honestly I wasn't sure I was going to come back. 
April wasn't a good month for me..mentally speaking.
It brought a lot of sadness and a general lack of enthusiasm in all aspects of my life, especially my blogging life. I just didn't want to blog. I wanted nothing to do with it. 
:( 

Ugh! My mind is sometimes a hard person to get along with. 
So I took a break and tried to calm my mind and do things that made me feel better. 
So reading.
Lots of sleeping.
Lots of journaling. 
And just being still. 

I am so happy April is over and May is here. 
Normally, May is not my favourite month in the year, given it tends to be one of the hottest months of the year. 
But this time around I am happy to have May come along. 
I am happy to make the most of this hot month. 
I am ready for you May. 
You better be good. 
Gentle. 
&
Not unbearably hot. 

Pretty please? 


So far May has been good. 
Hot but good. 


One of the best things I've done in the last few days is move a ton of my books to a new location. Moving and rearranging my books is one of my favourite things to do. I now have 2 towers of books sitting atop a shelf in a my bedroom. 
I've mostly moved books I've read away, so my more accessible and most seen bookshelves contain my to be read books. 


I also read my first read book of May, the wonderful The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, I've been meaning to read this book for a while but I wanted a different cover than the one that was available in India. Ah! Bookish dilemmas! :( 
Then Penguin kindly sent me this collector's edition and I finally got to reading to this incredibly important and relevant read. 
I loved it and I will do a whole review of it soon. 


Now, on to my Current Read and what I plan to read over the Weekend. 
Bijnis Woman by Tanuja Chandra is a collection of stories set in UP. I am a few stories in and I am really enjoying it. I love UP, having lived there for 5 years and having very fond memories of the place and it's people. I am really enjoying revisiting it. 

Apart from this book I might read a thriller or perhaps another YA read. Something about summer makes me want to read something quick and easy and engaging. 

Have a great weekend folks. 
Hope it's a relaxing one for you! 
:) 


No comments: