Sunday 15 March 2015

Vignettes/// Calcutta Airport.







Last Saturday was the day I travelled back to Bombay. We had to change our flight in Calcutta. It meant we had 3 1/2 hour wait in Calcutta.

I love Calcutta. I spend most of my childhood vacations in Cal. It holds the fondest memories in my heart. Sadly, I haven't been in Calcutta properly since 2008! :( I really ought to go back sometime soon. Hopefully, this year itself.

Calcutta airport has had a tremendous make-over in the last few years. I remember being here in 2010 and being horrified with hoe filthy and gross it was. The air-conditioning was iffy at best and during rush hour the seats were mostly full. This one time, I think it was 2011, I spend all 3 hours between flights standing. Not fun.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Calcutta airport looking all spiffy and wonderful. Ample seating. Coffee shops. The AC was working fine.

It was a pleasant three hours. The sister and I drank some coffee and chatted about the last two months of vacations and made plans for the upcoming months.


No comments: