Wednesday 11 March 2015

Vignettes: In Black and White.




There is something pretty amazing about images captured in black and white. Something old-worldly. Something that smells and feels and reminds one of the past. 

I love leafing through old family albums and seeing the sharp images in monochrome. 

I go through phases where I want all my pictures in black and white. Colour is fine. More than fine, actually, colour is lovely. Bright. Vivid. Alive. 

But the simplicity of black and white is divine. 

I shot these pictures on while holiday. In the middle of the forest, in the middle of winter. The leaves had left the branches and while some might see these pictures as bleak. I can only think of the cold breezes rustling through the forest and the leaves dancing down to the forest floor. It brings back good memories. 


No comments: