Tuesday 17 March 2015

Vignettes/// Kitchen Gardens.


There is something so wonderful about being able to grow your own food. It tastes better. These were the kitchen gardens in the Tea Garden. They grow a bunch of veggies- cauliflowers, cabbages, tomatoes, mustard, green chillies and a couple of kind of gourds. Additionally, they also grow pepper, cheeku (mud-apples in English), mangoes and coriander. 

Some of these veggies and fruits were not in season and therefore not photographed. 

I loved walking through the cabbage patch and seeing all the greenery around me. 

I wish...I really wish that someday I live in a house where I can have a garden of my own and perhaps even a patch of land to grow my own veggies in. *fingers crossed* 





Mustard flowers in bloom. How happy and cheery they look! 


Tomatoes. Luscious and plump. 

Cabbage patch! 


Cheeku :) They weren't quite ready so we couldn't sample these. 

Cauliflower. These were so delicious. I am not a big fan of cauliflowers in general but these organically grown cauliflowers were simply delicious. 


Pepper pods. I love how lovely the leaves on the pepper tree look.

No comments: