Thursday 25 February 2021

Book Haul: Books of January 2021.

 Hello Loves! 

Time for this year's first book haul. 

Normally, February means buying a shit ton of books in honour and celebration of my birthday. 

But this year I didn't buy a single book in February. 

Not one. 

Who knew life would take such a turn? 

OK thoda zyada drama ho gaya. 

Well, thing is I am still in my hometown and I have been here since October of 2020 and God alone knows when I'll head back home to Bombay. In these four months, I've bought over 25 physical books and the thought of carting them back across the country makes me feel some kind of way! 

So I saw no point in adding to this existing load. 

I can always go back home and go crazy and buy more books. 

But for my birthday I decided to chill out and let it be. 


I did buy a bunch of books in January and I figured I'd share them with you now. 


What a pretty stack! 

BOOKS BOUGHT: 

1. Rebirth by Jahnavi Barua 

2. The Little Flower Shop by the Sea by Ali McNamara 

3. Grandparents' Bag of Stories by Sudha Murty 

4. How To be A Writer by Ruskin Bond 

5. The Adventures of Goopy The Singer and Bagha The Drummer by Upendra Kishore Ray Chowdhury 

6. The Namesick by Jhumpa Lahiri 

7. Interpretor of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri 

8. Jungle Nama by Amitav Ghosh (this is review copy sent by the publishers) 

9. People's History of Heaven by Mathangi Subramanian 


I read this beautiful book for my birthday week and loved it so much. 
A full review will come soon! 


Something light and happy and fun and romantic. 
Mainly picked this one up for my sister who has read something by this author before and enjoyed it. 
How pretty is the cover art though? 


More comfort and joy. 


This one is a childhood favourite and one I read to start my birthday month. 



I started the year right by buy, well re-buying two of my favourite books by my favourite author. 
I cannot wait to re-read these and fall in love all over again. 



Read.
Loved.
Reviewed. 


I started reading this and then set it aside to read something more happy and festive for my birthday week. 

It's a good book, which I am going to pick up soon, maybe next month. 



Another book I've read, loved and done a full review on. 


So many brilliant books.

Some I've already read and others I hope to get to soon. 


No comments: