Monday 1 February 2021

Hello February 2021 + Current Reads + A Haul from Studio Joyeeta.

 


Hello February! 

Hello Birthday Month! 

My favouriteeeeeee month of the year is here and I couldn't be happier! 

:) 

I try my best to be happy in February. Do things, big and small that make me happy. 

Smile more. 

Live a little. 

Watch my favourite films. 

And since last year I've been #ReadingFavouritesinFebruary where I read some of my favourite books and my favourite authors in February in honour of my birthday month. 

With that goal in mind, I read my first book of the month. A childhood favourite Goopy and Bagha. 


These films are such a thing of joy and I wanted to read the book that inspired them too. 

Written by Satyajit Ray's grandfather Upendra Kishore Ray Chowdhury, it's a sweet and simple tale of a two friends who end with a boon and how they change their lives with said boon. 
The films are next level brilliant and this story is sweet and funny too. 


The Adventures of Goopy The Singer and Bagha The Drummer by Upendra Kishore Ray Chowdhury: Goopy Gyne and Bagha Byne have both been banished from their villages for being horrible musicians. They happen to meet each other and become good friends. When they decide to play their music in a thick and scary forest one night, they are heard by the ghosts who live there. The ghosts love their music and the King of Ghosts grants them three boons. With these boons, Goopy and Bagha set out to perform for the king of the land, and earn laurels. But when they scare the king by appearing suddenly in his room, they themselves are accused of being ghosts and locked away.

Will Goopy and Bagha be able to escape and do what they love the best—play music for everyone? Will they stop the kingdoms of Halla and Shundi from going to war? And how many sweets and how much pulao will they eat while they do so?

Upendrakishore Ray Chowdhury’s well-loved and hilarious story of friendship, music and magic now appears in a delightful new translation along with beautiful illustrations. Read on for descriptions of pots of food and escapades that will keep you laughing till the last page.

I am so happy I finally read it. 
I spent my morning, sunning myself on the terrace and reading this beautiful book. 
5/5 
A little different from the film but still just as good. 


My bookmark giving me some serious happy vibes. 

It's from Sunny Skies Starry Eyes. 


My birthday is off to the best start with some seriously happy mail from my favourite artist Joyeeta. 
We got this gorgeous brooch with a ladybird on it and daisies too. 
Everything about this makes me so happy. 


Isn't this pouch just so freaking pretty?! 

Sisters and flowers. 

Joyeeta's art makes me happy on every level. 

I always get something from her for my birthday and this year is no different. 

I've had a lovely first day of February, I hope the rest of the month goes just as well. 

:) 

Have a good month ahead loves.

 Happy Reading! 


No comments: