Sunday 16 August 2015

August 2015 To-Be-Read List.

Hello! 

I had decided against giving myself a TBR this month. Instead I organised my bookshelves in such a way that the bottom shelf was all Indian Books which went perfectly with my Reading Theme of the month- Indian Books in August. 

Half the month is now up and I have been turning to this shelf to pick my next read. But I've also had a mental list of sorts to help pick books I want to read. So I thought I might as well share my Reading List on the blog as well. 

So here goes..

1. A Cool Dark Place by Supriya Dravid--read and reviewed.
2. Drowning Fish by Swati Chanda---also read and reviewed and one I really enjoyed.
3. Brutal by Uday Satpathy--read and reviewed. 
4. The Arithmetic of Breasts and Other Stories by Rochelle Potkar---also read and reviewed.
5. Excess- The Tehelka book of Short Stories---read and not entirely enjoyed.
6. The Shadow Princess by Indu Sundaresan---read and I have severe mixed feelings about it. 
7. Inheritence by Indu Ganesan---read and enjoyed and reviewed. 
8. The Weight Loss Club by Devapriya Roy--currently reading and really loving it. 
9. The Shatter Was Too Great Here by Bilal Tanveer 
10. A Love Song For India by Ruth Prawer Jbabwala
11. The Guide by R.K Narayan
12. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri (RR)
13. Feluda Vol.I---I intend on reading a few stories here and there. (RR)
14. Asura by Anand Neelakantan
15. The Good Little Ceylonese Girl by  Ashok Ferrey 

RR stands for Re-Reads. 

That is all I hope to read this month. I tend to read Indian books a lot faster and I enjoy them immensely. It makes me sad when I hear Indians say they don't read book set in India or by Indian authors. I know there is a lot of crap being written and that is sadly very popular but there is also such a wealth of fantastic writing that comes from the Indian subcontinent. We have some brilliant writers as well. You can't just see the bestsellers and be put off by Indian writing. You just need to keep an open mind and read. 

My list mostly includes Indian writers but I also have one Pakistani and one Sri Lankan book in the mix. :) 

Happy Reading :)

I for one am tremendously happy reading from my land :)

1 comment:

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

Waiting for your review on The Weight Loss Club!