Saturday 8 August 2015

General Whimsy: TV Shows of the Moment.

Hello! 

TV shows are a big love of mine. I am an avid TV show watcher. And it's been a while, a long, long while since I talked about the TV shows I am loving. 


Come summer all of my regular shows go on summer hiatus and it's time for me find new things to watch. Often I turn to my old loves during summer time and marathon season after season of old favourites like Monk, Criminal Minds, Poirot and Miss Marple. Or I tune into the new summer shows. 

Let's see what I've been loving in the summer of 2015! 


1. Zoo: I've already talked about this show on my Monthly Favourites. Action, advneture, spooks and a hint of mystery. I am really enjoying this show. 


2. Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: This isn't a new show but one I've heard about over the last few months. I love me some murder mysteries and especially period pieces like Poirot and Marple. So this show is right up my alley. Set in the 1920s this is the story of Miss Fisher a truly modern woman who is a female detective and is solving murder mysteries with style. Full of lovable characters- who help Miss Fisher in her endevours, this show set in Australia is a perfect summer show. I have watched all of season 1 and I am keen on continuing with the other seasons as well. I think as of now, there are 3 full seasons. 




3. Pretty Little Liars: Yes...PLL. To be honest I took a little break from PLL for the last year and a half, pretty much since Alison came back. I was kinda over the show. But since the beginning of this season, season 6, I found myself watching it again and kinda falling back in love with it. I enjoy this show, it is most certainly a guilty pleasure. I love the mystery but I am also very prepared for being disappointed when the identity of A is revealed. I know it will be a disappointment and won't entirely make sense. But I might as well enjoy the ride and I am excited for the time leap the show is about to take very soon! 
 


4. Scream- The TV Series: I am a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Scream fan. I've seen all 4 movies and I was beyonddddd excited for the TV series adaptation and I am quite pleased with the Tv show. I don't love the lead character Emma but I am intrigued with the story and the mystery. I already have a strong guess as to who the masked killer is and I hope we get answers (some if not all) soon and it isn't like PLL where we have to wait 6+ seasons to get answers. 

I also like that the movie story line is not pulled into the TV show. It's a whole new town and new mystery and new masked killer! So much fun! Slasher movies used to be a summer staple for me when I was teenager. I  watched all the movies with my friends and we had such a fun time!


5. The Whispers: A show I've been waiting for since 2014 when I first saw the trailer. An imaginary friend convincing children to kill and harm others. Aliens. A family caught in the middle of it all. Produced by Steven Spielberg, this is an action packed, creepy at times and full of intrigue fun ride. 
It isn't as amazing as I thought it would be...but it is getting there. 

Apart from these shows I am watching a whole lot of movies...a post on it will come soon.

Have a nice weekend guys! 

 


1 comment:

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

Just started Zoo and I LOVE it :O SO awesome, the animal bits are so well done.

Whispers sounds interesting..