Tuesday 4 August 2015

Monthly Favourites/// July 2015.

Hello! 

July sure felt like one long month. 

It was a good month.
I spend time with friends. 
Re-organised my bookshelves properly after a long, long time. 
Cooked.
Baked. 
Read 20 books. 
Bought only 10 books! :) 
Finally got my hands on the Penguin Little Black Classics. 
Watched quite a few movies. 

July you were a good month. 

Let's see some of the things I've been loving in July. 



1. Bookshelves: A sneak peek at my newly arranged bookshelves.
Above..all of my Penguin English Library (PEL) Books. Well...almost all. I have 22 of these gorgeous editons and they are all kinds of beautiful. 

Below: My Vintage Red Spine Classics..way less than my PEL books but I love the pop of colour they add to my shelves.




2. Sunny Afternoons in Colaba: Earlier in the month we spend sometime strolling in the lanes of Colaba. With fun people in one of my favourite spots in Bombay. 

We also spent time with a squishy baby. We met my sister's BFF- V's baby girl for the first time and it was love at first sight. She is such a little ball of love. :) 
 


More from our afternoon stroll. BTW, I also really love Good Earth. :) 
 


3. Mason Jar: Finally got my hands on a Mason Jar. Complete with a lid and straw. Perfect to take drinks on the go and just generally nice to have around. Mine is an ombre effect one from Dulce Couture. 


4. Penguin Little Black Classics: Finally. After months of looking I found me some of these little books! I got 5 and I have a couple sitting in my cart on Amazon. So happy to add these to my shelves. 


5. Arm-Candy: I've been pulling out some old loves from my jewellery box this month. Including the bright neon bracelets (above) from Aldo and my pencil bracelet from Blur. 

I've also been loving my cloth and silk wrapped bangles from Jaipur. 



6. Favourite Movie- Piku: I have fallen in love with this movie. It's so funny, sincere and heartfelt and the Bengali-ness is on point. Seriously, some portions of this movie were just like my family- hypochondriacs, my father hates salt too and the road-trip shenanigans were all way too familiar.. I loved it so much. 


7. TV Show- Zoo: Oh my! Animals going wild and trying to throw over the human race as the dominant species and an unlikely group of people trying to solve the mystery. I am loving this show. It's scary and entertaining and a very engrossing watch. 


8. The Organix Coconut Water Shampoo: I grew up detesting everything coconut oil related. But in the last few years I have fallen in love with all things coconut related. Last month I've been loving and and using this super light and hydrating yet cleansing shampoo from Organix. I found it at Premson's but I am also sure you'll find it online and also at Beauty Center. It smells good and cleans my scalp and leaves my hair feeling soft and hydrated.


9. Face Pack, FabIndia Haldi Chandan Mud Pack: I really love FabIndia's skincare line. This one is a recent love. Haldi and Chandan are age old remedies for bad skin and this one works wonders on my oily skin. It cleans my face and reduces blackheads too. Love it and highly recommend it. My skin has been loving this. 

10. Favourite Lipstick- MAC's See Sheer: My latest MAC lipstick and technically I got this for free. Via the wonder that is Back 2 MAC. 6 old lipsticks in exchange of a brand new lipstick. Gotta love MAC. I went for a sheer orange-ish coral colour. Perfect for this time of year- summer/rains. It's a nice pop of colour and looks nice too, not too orange but just right. I am slowly but surely going back to MAC. I was a MAC loyalist for years and then found my way to drugstore brands which I found surprisingly nice. But I could never fully sever ties with MAC. 



11. Lip Balm Love: Another old favourite that I repurchased this month. The Forest Essentials Sugared Rose Petal Lip Balm. Smells divine. Keeps my lips moisturized. And I adore the new packaging. A lip balm with a mirror is always a good thing in my books! 



12. Pluto! Oh my! I am so kicked with seeing Pluto properly. Isn't she a beaut!?? I was (like so many others) heartbroken over Pluto being dismissed as a planet. I am so happy she is back in the fold. Hello Pluto! So nice to see you! 

So that was all the things I've loved all month long. 

July was a nice month. 

Hope August is nice too! 

See you soon! 

:) 


1 comment:

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

Mason jars! So much love.
And I'm going green looking at your (a small %, I'm sure) book collection.