Tuesday 4 April 2017

To-Be-Read List/// April 2017. (All Bengali Books!)

Hello! 

I have thinking long and hard about what I want to read in the month of April. 
I do want to jump into some page-y classics but I can't ignore that April for Bengalis means Nobo Borsho..aka The Bengali New Year. 
:) 

Being a Bengali girl April and Nobo Borsho mean new clothes. 
Yummy food. 
A new start. 
For this bookworm means delving into some Bengali writers. 
I wish I knew to actually read Bengali and thereby read books written in my mother tongue!
But I will do the next best thing..
I will read Translated Books and books by Bengali authors.
Yay! 

So my TBR for this month is a all Bengali writers! 
Luckily my bookshelves are full of Bengali writers and this will be a good way to read from my shelves and make my way through my (many) unread books. 

So let's see what I intend to read this month...













1.  Saratchandra Omnibus--a will read some stories from the collection. 
2. Zoon by Selina Sen 
3. A Life Apart by Neel Mukherjee 
4. The Last Burden by Upamanyu Chatterjee 
5. Durgeshnandini by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
6. Mahakaler Rater Ghoda by Samaresh Basu 
7. Kalabati The Showstopper by Moti Nandi
8. The Lonely Monarch by Sunil Gangopadhyay 
9. When The Time is Right by Buddhadeva Bose 
10. The Rhythm of Riddles by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay (Re-Read) 

I hope I can read most of these books. 
I might reach for some non-bengali books later in the month but for most part this is my reading list for April. 

Have a great reading month folks!

Happy Reading! 



No comments: