Thursday 22 June 2017

Book Haul// Little Women by Louisa May Alcott ( Puffin Bloom Edition.)


Little Women by Louise May Alcott. 
Published first on September 30th 1868.

A timeless classic about four sisters coming of age and growing into womanhood during the turbulent  Civil War years. 

A book that brings comfort and warmth to the heart. 

I first properly read this book two years ago and even though I was a full grown woman I loved this book and it's simplicity and charm. 
To me it didn't seem very dated. 
Of course, written in 1868 it's not exactly current but it's still so much of it is still relevant and relatable. 
It is such a good read. 
I cannot remount it enough. 


A beautiful book in a stunning edition. 
This book is truly a thing of beauty, inside and out. 


“I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” 
― Louisa May AlcottLittle Women


“I like good strong words that mean something…” 
― Louisa May AlcottLittle Women


The end pages are a thing of beauty. 





More illustrations. 




This book came with a matching gorgeous bookmark. 
So freaking pretty! 



I plan on reading this beauty for Christmas. 
And I cannot wait! 

Happy Reading Folks! 

No comments: