Friday 30 June 2017

Monthly Favourites/// May and June 2017.

Hello! 

June is over and May is long gone, but I forgot to list my loves from May, I did love a whole lot of things from May. So I thought I'd combine 2 months and share all of the things I've loved best in the last 2 months. 

May and June were both happy months in my life, inspite of May's mind-numbing heat. 
June was all about Rains.
Ice-cream sundaes!
Chai.
Reading quite a bit. 
Cleaning my bookshelves. 
Getting some books I've wanted for a long time. 

You were good June! 

Now let's jump into my favourites. 

MAY and JUNE  2017 FAVOURITES! 


1. Indian Summer Style/// May saw me add some beautiful pieces to my desi shelf. 
:) 
Kurtas, bags and even a wee bit of jewellery. 
The only way to navigate an Indian summer is to wear Indian fabrics and styles. 
This bunch of beauties is from Okhai. 


2. Bullet Journaling/// May is when I started Bujo for the first time properly and I've loved it so much. It's such an easy way to stay organised and keep various lists in one place. 
I've used a Bujo in both May and June and I have already set up my Bujo for July as well. 
A June and July set-up will be on the blog soon! 



3. Art Journaling/// After a gap of months and months, in May I found myself reaching for my paints and brushes and filling up the pages of my at journal again. 
I love the time I spent doing this, I might not be an artist or anything close to it. But painting and colour bring me so much joy. 



4. Favourite Bag/// My turquoise delight from Pure Ghee Designs was my summer tote of choice. 
Beautiful and it fits everything I need and more. 



5. Gulmohar/// Summer brings with it Gulmohar/ Krishnachura blossoms in plenty. 
Just the sight of these vivid orange flowers makes me so happy. 


6. Skincare Favourite///  The Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution! 
This little bottle saved my skin! 
I have used this before in 2014..or thereabouts but I only had a deluxe sample (which from Kiehl's is always a generous size) and I did like it. It made a lot of my old acne scars disappear. But I was using the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil, which is amazing and I highly, highly recommend it. So back then I used this as a spot treatment on my old scars. 
But this time around I've been using this as a serum on my entire face and it's amazing. 
My skin just looks and feels renewed. 
I had tanned horribly during my holiday in the hills, sitting out in the direct sun all day long will do that to you! And I needed something to treat the sun damage and lighten and treat some acne scarring from last year. 2016 was a bad year for my skin!!! 
This little magic potion has made so much difference to my skin and I love it! 
I highly recommend this, you can use it as a spot treatment or all over your face. 
It is a little pricey but so worth it. And I do think that skincare is a worthwhile place to splurge on. 



7. Favourite Shampoo/// Wow Skin Science  Hair Strengthening Shampoo for Vitality and Volume 
My sister found these shampoos on Amazon and they had such overwhelmingly positive reviews. 
We got 2 shampoos from them to try and this is the one I love. It cleanses your hair really well and leaves it smooth and silky and looking so healthy. It also helps reduce hair fall quite a bit. 


8. Organising my Books/// I finally, finally got a part of my messy bookshelves organised in June and I can't tell you how happy this made me! I've been meaning to do it since February. 



9. Favourite Book Mail/// June's best bookish mail was getting these beauties in the mail! 
I am so in love! 
I cannot tell you how happy these books have made me! 




10. Favourite Read/// This book has been my favourite read of the last two months. 
This book is incredible and so powerful and wonderful! 



No comments: