Friday 13 October 2017

Bag Haul + Review: Chiaroscuro Scottie in Burnt Sienna.



Hello! 

How is this Friday treating you? 

Today I want to share a little haul + review of a darling little bag. 
Another satchel style bag to make my satchel loving heart very happy! 
Even though backpacks have been my go to bag all of 2017, I am a total satchel girl and have loved satchels for a long, long time. 
So when I saw Scottie I couldn't resist it. 
My sister found Chiaroscuro on Instagram and we've been loving their bags for a while. This is in fact the third bag we've gotten from them. 
They make handmade, high-quality leather handbags. I highly recommend you check them out and fall in love their clean and classic designs. 
Apart from Scottie, we also have a Sam and a Lazy Bailey. 
I'll have reviews for them soon as well! 


I loved the Scottie on first sight and went for the Burnt Sienna colour. 
You can see her HERE. 







Review: 

Pros! 

1. Incredibly well-made and high quality. You basically get what you pay for. 
2. The Scottie has so many compartment and sections. 
3. The size is perfect for everyday use. 
4. I personally love bags that swing both ways- Indian and Western. This is definitely a bag that goes well with both my Indian styles and Indo-Western and completely Indian looks as well. 
5. It has an adjustable strap. 
6. The zips are buttery smooth. I nothing when bags comes with scratchy zips! Ain't nothing worse! 
7. It is very comfortable to carry both on your shoulder as well as a cross body bag. 
8. It has a key fob, which is a nice little extra feature. 


Cons! 

I guess the one main and pretty much only con that I can think of is that, it doesn't fit all the things I need to carry around. And I was a tad bit disappointed by it.
 The main compartment doesn't have much give and I have to edit out a few essentials. I was expecting for it to have a little bit more 'give'. But given she is made out of leather, I think I can stuff her and the leather will mould itself accordingly. But at the moment, it is a little bit of a tight fit. :( 

I do think I can make a few changes in my everyday carry and amend this. For instance, I carry a lot of little pouches to organise the things in my bag, I think given that this bag has several compartments and slip pockets of it's own that I could skip carrying my own pouches and reduce the volume of things I carry. 
But I do wish the bag had a little more give. 
:( 

Overall, this is a bag I love but given how much I paid for it, it would have been nice had it been entirely con-free. 

Rating: 3.5/5 

I do love Chiaroscuro and highly recommend them, next I have my eye on the Little or Big Bobbie! 
:)


No comments: