Saturday 28 October 2017

Spooky Reviews: I Know a Secret by Tess Gerritsen (Rizzoli & Isles Book 12)



Book: I Know A Secret

Author: Tess Gerritsen

Pages: 316

Read On: Kindle

Publisher: Bantam 

How Long it Took Me To Read: 2 days

Plot Summary: I have a secret. 
And someone wants to make sure I never tell . . . 

In a house decorated with horror movie posters, a young woman’s body is found. She lies on her bed, two bloodied objects clutched in her palm. Detective Jane Rizzoli and Forensic Pathologist Maura Isles are called to the murder scene, but even faced with this gruesome sight they are unable to identify the immediate cause of death. 

Their investigation leads them to a high-profile murder case that was seemingly solved years before. But when another body is found in horrific circumstances, the link between the two victims is clear. Was the wrong person sent to prison? Is the real killer out there right now, picking off new targets? 

One woman knows the killer is coming for her next. She’s the only one who can help Rizzoli and Isles catch him.

But she has a secret that she has to keep .

General Thoughts: Another Tess Gerritsen book for Spooky Reviews. 
Honestly, she is one thriller writer that I can wholeheartedly recommend. I've read pretty much all of the Rizzoli and Isles books and I've loved all of them. They are all so good! 

There is also a TV show based on these books, but the TV show is a lot more warm and fuzzy (like TV shows often are) but it's still pretty good. Do give it a watch if you like crime shows. 

Things I Liked: 

1. The writing as always was brilliant. Like I was pulled into this book in the first paragraph and didn't want to put it down. 

2. The thing I love about this book and this series of books in general is that it tackles some very dark minds. You see the workings of a messed up and somewhat sociopathic minds. You get to see the world and the story from their perspective too. 

3. I personally, love books that are rooted in a mystery from the past. Old sins casting long shadows and all that. This book has one of those too and I loved finding out more about it and how it related to the brutal killings in the present. 

4. This is definitely one of those books that you don't want to put down. I read way into the night and didn't want to stop. This book will suck you in. 

5. The old case- a sensational, headline grabbing case from over 20 years ago is one that I LOVED reading about. Kinda based on real life stories/ cases (ones I had actually studied in Social Psychology) it made for really interesting reading and I think you'll like it too. 

6. The main killer reveal did take me by surprise. You are led to believe it is one person but the real twist is pretty good. 


Rating: 4/5 

I really, really loved this book and I highly recommend it. 
The good thing about this series of books is that you don't really need to read all of the previous books to read the newest release. I mean there are certain things- about the regular characters and their lives that progress through the series, but it doesn't take  away from enjoying the book. 

No comments: