Tuesday 3 October 2017

Hello October! + All The Things I am Excited for in October!!!!

πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ
Hello October!!! 


Hello Lights!
Hello Diwali!
Hello Spooky Reads + Movies! 

I will be honest, October is one of my least favourite months of the year. The main reason for that is the post-monsoon heat wave! I am not a fan and I just can't deal with the heat wave we are experiencing! 
What makes it worse is that the rest of the world is slipping into fall and all sorts of cozy and comfy vibes and here in Bombay, we are melting our faces off! 
No Fun!

But let's focus on some things that do take my mind off the heat and make me kinda excited for October! 


1. Diwali: Lights, mithai, diyas and rangoli. 
While it isn't my biggest festival, it is always lovely to see the light and general bonhomie in the air this time of the year! 
I love making mithai at home and being in a happy mood during India's biggest festival and lighting maybe one phooljhari. :) 


2. Stranger Things 2: Like every one else on the TV watching planet, I am super kicked for Stranger Things!!!! 
Last season was fantastic and I can't wait to see what the new season brings and I can't wait to see those darling kids again! 
So excited!!!! 


3. Spooky Books: Come October and all I want to do is curl up with a good mystery/thriller/horror/spooky book. And I have so many spooky reads lined up for this month. 
I don't think I will be making a TBR this month since I want to read as and when I please and I also hope to get some new thrillers on my Kindle and read them as the month goes by. 
I also plan on reviewing a ton of spooky on the blog as well. So stay tuned for that. 


4. Colouring: I acquired a new colouring book a few months back but I haven't gotten around to colouring in it till now! 
But I want to do so much more colouring and arting in October. 
I love The Mindfulness Colouring Book by Emma Farrarons, it is not only beautiful but it is the perfect almost pocket-sized book, it fits even in a handbag and is perfect if you want to take it on the go. You could easily even take it with you in your bag and colour on your commute if you so wished. 




5. Autumn Sunsets: There is something special about the sunsets in October. Pinks and purples and hints of lilac in the sky. Magical. 
Nature puts on the best show. 

Have a great October folks! 
I hope it's full of good books and even better moments! 

πŸ’œ



No comments: