Monday 20 July 2015

Monday Moods: Handicraft Exhibition.






Hello! 

Happy Monday guys. 

This Monday is a bit of a flashback. These pictures were taken in Bangalore at a handicrafts exhibition in 2011. We spent a couple of hours wandering through the aisles and seeing the wares from various states in India. I especially loved the ceramic mugs and cups. We bought two mugs that I still love. 

Exhibitions are one of my favourite things ever. I love handmade things. See the artisans who produce such labours of love and buy directly from the artisan. 

I love things that aren't mass produced, things that are unique and handmade and made with love and sometimes are art forms in themselves. 

On this particular evening, we bought the 2 ceramic mugs. We also bought some hand painted bangles and some silver jewellery from Rajasthan. A bangle stand and some decorative bits for home.

I am so glad I had this pictures tucked away somewhere, they take me right back to that evening. 

Have a nice week ahead guys :) 

I'll see you soon with a review.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very attractive handicraft ever I have seen yet :)
marble

Jitin Madaan said...

attaractive and unique handicraft-

Ihgf Delhi Autumn Fair 14 to 18 October 2016-
Epch.in- IHGF is amongst Asia's largest gifts & handicrafts fair, held biannually (Spring & Autumn edition) and is organised by Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH).