Thursday 30 July 2015

Unboxing and Review: My Big Red Bag's- Book Lover Story Box.

Hello! 

Today's post is a little different. :) 

I am here to un-box a fairly unique monthly subscription box. But a box with a difference. :) I am sure most of you have heard and seen and perhaps even subscribed to a monthly box. Most of these boxes are ones with make-up, beauty and skincare bits aimed at women. While there is absolutely nothing with loving make-up and beauty things- hell I love them to bits- it is nice to have a box that is geared towards some other and varied interests a woman might have. Books for one thing! Or stationery. Or  decor things. 

If you've been looking for a box like that..this post might be of interest to you. 

I was recently contacted by the lovely girls over at My Big Red Bag who asked me if I'd be interested in their Book Lover Story Box. It sounded interesting and different and I was totally on board! They sent over the box and I am so excited to share it's contents with you. 
The box was sent to me for free but my thoughts are all my own. 

So let's see what was in the box shall we..


First we have the box itself which looks like a hardback book. :) 
How freaking cute is that? 
I was smiling already. 
I plan on using the box to store some of my bookmarks. 


A little letter informing about the company and their ideology. 



On to the contents of the box now.. 

1. A set of four coasters with literary quotes on them! How lovely. Everyone needs coasters or at any rate they should..coffee rings on the coffee table are not nice. AT ALL! Plus, literary quotes are amazing!





2. A Book Mark: A beautiful laser cut metal bookmark in the shape of a peacock. Lovely. 
I've had bookmarks from this brand before and loved them. I sadly lost  them while moving cities. So I was really glad to have it back in my life. 


3. A journal with a hardcover and plain pages to doodle and write wit ink pens on the cover. 



Now on to the review. 

Things I Liked: 

1. I absolutely love the idea and ideology behind this box. Women are so much more than make-up and skincare. We have varied interests and I like that such a box exists. 

2. The coasters are both pretty and bookish quotes  are perfect too. 

3. The notebook is of great quality. A great little notebook to doodle and write in. 

4. The bookmark is pretty and well-made and a nice addition to a booklovers life. 

5. The box itself is really well-made and can easily be re-purposed/ re-used to store bits an bobs. You could also easily personalize the box with some art, washi tape or just about any way that you like. 

General Thoughts: I went on to Big Red Bag's website and took a look at their other Story Boxes. Like the name suggests, each box is thematic and it tells a little story and the products seem to be chosen with thought and from good indie brands. Boxes such as these are a great gifting option- both for you (if you'd like to treat yourself for any odd reason) or for a friend. Also, these boxes can be great for office gifting occasions like Secret Santa (if applicable) or even for a colleague's farewell. 

Another good thing is that this is not a quarterly or a monthly commitment, so you can buy a box when you feel like it, rather, when you like what that box contains or the theme resonates with you.

Go check out their website and if you end up getting any of the Story Boxes, do let me know what you thought about it.. I am really curious to see what the 'Workaholics Box' is going to contain? Coffee? :) Cooling eye masks? :) 

4 comments:

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

Oh my, the bookmark looks lovely :O
And I NEED THAT JOURNAL IN MY LIFE.
*hops over to order page*

Bharti (Bee) said...

Hi Pooja,

Only today I was searching for such boxes for bookworms and you found one. Loved the box and review.

Bee

Pooja T said...

Ah! It rally is pretty. And I am so in love with the coasters as well. Perfect little box of treats.

Pooja T said...

Thank-you Bee. I am glad I could be of help :)