Thursday 22 October 2015

A Day in The Life of Me: Ashtami 2015.

Hello! 

This post is a day late..Ashtami was yesterday and it was a late night. By the time I got home I was pooped and all I wanted was a shower and my bed! :) 

Ashtami..the 8th day of Durga Pujo is the most important day of the festival. The day we save our best outfits for. The day when all Bengalis dress to the nines. 

The heat and humidity of Bombay kept me indoors in the day time. We ventured out in the evening and hit a few pandals and got dinner. 

Here are a few snippets of my Ashtami. 






Pretty pandals and gorgeous Proteemas all around. 

Above the Lokhandwala Durga Puja---was by far the prettiest Proteema. Love the golden idols and the shades of pink and purple in the decor. I just couldn't stop staring at all the gorgeousness. 

Below--- simple but elegant proteema. 




Pujor jogar--- all the little bits and details that goes into the worship of the Goddess. 


More pink and gold tones. 
And pretty ceiling details. 
These was in the Goregaon Kalol Kalibari Pujo. 



My red Kutchi leather bag. Tiny but fits all that I needed---camera, spare battery and SD cards, makeup, wallet, phone, tissues and hand-sanitizer. 



A balloon seller outside a pandal. 

Ashtami was insane. The traffic was slow moving and we spent most of our time in the car. 
But the pretty pandals and the festive vibes made it worth it. 

Today is Navami. I have spent it at home. No venturing out. 
The last two days and late nights were all I could endure. 
So today is a chill day at home. 
Watching the Bengali TV channels and seeing all the festivity in Bengal. 

I'll be back with regular posts soon. 

:)


No comments: