Thursday 29 October 2015

General Whimsy/// Horror Films I've Watched Recently.

Hello! 

I am a big time horror movie buff. I love losing myself in a movie that scares and keeps me on the edge. 

And in October I am all about watching scary movie. I've been watching quite scary movies lately and these are just some of them. 


1. It Follows: This movie got a lot of hype this year, it's an indie horror film and I love indie movies and add horror to the mix and I am all in! 

This was a decent-ish movie. Not too scary but strange and unsettling. It's about a young girl who goes on a first date and comes back with a unknown supernatural force trailing her. And there is nothing she can do to stop it. 

There were some spooky moment but it's nowhere as scary as I was hoping it would be. 

Rating: 3/5 


2. Knock Knock: I can't remember the last time I saw Keanu Reeves in a movie. The premise the of the movie is simple--- a family man home alone for the weekend, lets in two young girls on a stormy night. What follows is first a dream come true and then quickly turns into a nightmare. 

This was an OK movie at best. 
Predictable and by the end of it I was laughing at the over-acting. 
Not the best thing ever. 

Rating: 1.5/5 


3. Visions: The most recent movie I've seen and I really, really loved it. 
A thriller movie with horror undertones with a fantastic twist in the end. 
I really enjoyed the whole movie. 
It's about a couple who move to a vineyard to make a fresh start as they about to start a family. The woman is getting over a traumatic event from a year ago. Strange things start happening and the possibility of a haunting looms large. 

I highly recommend this movie. 


4/5 


4. The Visit: A M. Night Shyamalan movie and a good one at that. 
Two teenagers are going to meet their grandparents for the first time and it's a visit to remember. The grandparents act strangely and almost sinisterly. Are they just old people acting their age? Or is something worse at play? 

A comedy-horror this movie was spooky in part and funny in others.
I really enjoyed it and recommend it. 

Rating: 4/5 


5. Poltergeist: I have never seen the original movie but of course I've heard of it and seen images from the original. So when the new version was out and I was curious to see it. This was nice movie. Spooky, creepy and with a nice family you could root for. Not verrry scary but good. 
A family that's on hard times moves to a new home and something is not quite right here. They have a Poltergeist problem. 

Rating: 3/5 


6. Unfriended: A movie about social media and a haunting based on Facebook. A group of friends are chatting on Skype and an unknown person is attached to their group conversation. Strange things start to happen and they begin to die one by one. A fun, action filled, scary and creepy movie. I quite enjoyed it. It was also about group dynamics and secrets between friends. 
Recommend it. 

Rating: 4/5 

I plan on watching scary movies all week long right upto Halloween. 
Are there some scary movies you've seen recently?
Do recommend some! 


No comments: