Wednesday 28 October 2015

General Whimsy: Food & Coffee Files.







Hello! 

I love food as much as I love books...maybe even more. After all I need food in order to live. I also enjoy cooking and trying new things and cuisines. 

Lately I've come to realise that I am in a bit of a food rut. I tend to go the same place, order the same thing and don't experiment at all. I really, really want to change this. Try new place. Try new food. And not end up repeating the same meals over and over. Even with my home-cooking I've tried new food all year long. I have learnt new recipes and even fashioned some new recipes in the kitchen and I am so pleased that I've expanded my cooking skills. 

These pictures are some of the recent coffee and food choices I've made. 

From top to bottom...

1. Ice-blended coffee and a blueberry muffin from CBTL. All very yummy and very good. 

2. My sister tried a new coffee from Starbucks a chocolate jelly thingie which unfortunately wasn't very nice. 

3. Red Velvet and cream cheese frosting. So good! I always get this in Starbucks. 

4. A dark-chocolate raspberry tart at Food for Thought Cafe at Kitab Khana. So good! 

5. My sister had this amazing beetroot and truffle oil risotto with grilled chicken at the Silver Beach Cafe in Juhu recently and loved it. I wan to try make some beetroot risotto at home...it might be a nice new thing to try out. 

:) 

No comments: