Wednesday 21 October 2015

A Day in the Life of Me: Saptami 2015.

Hello! 

And a Happy Durga Pujo to fellow Bengalis. Or Bongs..if that's what you call yourselves. :) 

For me Pujo properly began today. Meaning the dressing up in new clothes, pandal hopping and finally seeing a Durga proteema (idol) in person. 

Here are some snippets of my day. 

I took a ton of other pictures as well but those are on my camera and it's 2:00 am when I am posting this and I am tired after a long but satisfying day. I will do a longer post with all my Pujo details later. 

For now..here is what my day looked like today... 


Our first stop was the Puja at Shivaji Park and this was the proteema there. 
It was lit up and lovely.
And the pandal had air-coolers and lots of fans which was pretty amazing since today was a very hot day. Much appreciated Bengal Club! :) 


Our second stop was a new Pujo to us, though it's Bombay's oldest Pujo. It's been celebrated since 1930. This one was at Sheth Goculdas Tejpal Hall at August Kranti Maidan. I really loved this Pujo. It was beautiful and calm and very well managed. So glad we finally went here. 




A little of What I Wore--- I wore a new addition to my handprinted pendants collection. This beautiful Ganesha pendant. I was saving this for Pujo. :) 


Just some lights. This was at a Dandiya place. 

We also ate at Bademiyan...one of my Dad's favourite places to eat.
We got some coffee for the drive back from Starbucks...my sister tried a new coffee---something with caramel and jelly...it was kinda weird! :( 

We also went to the Navy Nagar Pujo but I didn't manage to click proper pictures. There was a longgggggg line to get close to the idols and I just couldn't get a decent shot from where I stood. :( But it was nice and there was also a very lively Ram Leela going on there. Sounded like a lot of fun! 

Hope those of you who celebrate Pujo are having a lovely time as well. 

This was pretty much my day and I loved it! :) 

No comments: