Tuesday 28 March 2017

Book Haul/// Books of March 2017 from Kitab Khana.

Hello! 

March is almost drawing to a close and I figured it's time I shared all of the books I bought in the month of March. TBH, there aren't that many books. 
I went to Kitab Khana in the beginning of the month and spent some time perusing the shelves and came back with these books that caught my eye. 
Most of these books were bought because I came across them. They weren't on my radar at all. 

Let's see what I've added to my bookshelves in the month of March. 



I saw this almost leaflet like book on the shelves and I couldn't leave it behind. Plus Orwell is certainly having a moment since the Trump administration has been in power. So a good time to read this little ditty. 


This one was bought with the express purpose of reading in Landour. 
I have already read this book and I really loved it. 
It feels like reading snippets of someone's diary and it's full of charming illustrations. 
A very enjoyable and fun reading. 
5/5 all the way. 


I read How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff in 2014 I think..and I really enjoyed it. This book has been on my TBR since then. When I saw it in Kitab Khana I had to get it. 


I won't lie...this book is a little bit of a cover buy. 
Look at the cover! 
How could I not be drawn to it?!!! 
It's gorgeous. 
The phases of the moon and the brilliant typography had me very intrigued. 
The premise sounds good too, it's about a film being made and about Kashmir as well. 
I am excited to get to this book. 


I have wanted to read something by Namita Gokhale for a while now. 
This book seems like a good place to start and it deals with a pretty scary topic of acid attack. The main protagonist is an acid attack survivor who lives behind closed doors at all time. It promises to be a very unique perspective for sure. 



My sister is currently reading this book and is nearly done with it. 
A murder mystery in the days of the Raj. A Maharaja who is a desi Sherlock Holmes. 
My sister is quite enjoying it and I can't wait to get to it myself. 


Books Bought: 

The Book of Shadows by Namita Gokhale 
Soon by Selina Sen 
Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff 
Landour Days by Ruskin Bond 
A Very Pukka Murder by Arjun Raj Gaind 
Politics and The English Language by George Orwell 


Lots of happy reading in my near future! 

:) 

No comments: