Saturday 27 May 2017

Weekend Reads & *Bonus* Weekend Watching!

Oh hello there!
I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday so far!

I thought I'd share what my sister and I are reading this weekend as well as what we are, totally, binge watching right now.

I am reading (and determined to finish) Into The Water by Paula Hawkins. 

Click on the 'preview' button below to read a chapter for free. Also, if you're thinking of buying the book, click on the 'Buy' link below and it will take you to Amazon.



Into the Water is quite riveting so far, but, because it the story unfolds from the perspectives of 12-14 people (I am not kidding!), I often find myself going back and checking who this particular character is when they pop up some 50-60 pages after they were first introduced! So far, quite good. 

The sister is reading The Infidel Stain also known as The Printer's Coffin by M.J. Carter. 



This is the second book in the Blake-Avery series and she says it is as well-written and gripping as the first. (Review here). The action moves to London in this book and the author has done a great job of capturing the tumult of mid-19th century London as well as shining a light on the horrific plight of factory workers in England. So far, quite good!

Weekend Watching! 



We stumbled upon Great News quite, quite accidentally and have been binge watching it ever since! Written by Tracy Wigfield and produced by Tina Fey, Great News is based on the shenanigans of a cable news show in New Jersey and it is HILARIOUS!

Watch the trailer here!

Have a great weekend, guys!

No comments: