Saturday 3 August 2019

Weekend Reads: What My Sister and I are Reading This Weekend.

Hello! 
Hope you are having a fantastic weekend. 

This first weekend of August, I am kicking off Indian Books in August in style. 
In fact, both of us are. 

Let's see what we're reading this weekend. 


The Adventures of Kakababu by Sunil Gangopadhyay

I am spending my weekend with Kakababu and Shontu. 
:) 
Two novellas make up this first volume and I am one story in and loving it. 
Kashmir. 
1970s.
Adventure. 
Archeology. 
Yes! To all of it. 
I am so glad more translations of these stories now exist and someone like me, a Bengali who doesn't read Bangla but has heard her cousins rave about these stories all her life can finally read them. 


Now on to what my sister is reading this weekend. 


Friends from College by Devapriya Roy

A group of college friends in Calcutta have a reunion 20 years later. 
Nostalgia. 
College Life. 
90s.
Calcutta. 
Sign me up. 
My sister is savouring this book as it brings back memories of being in college, the 90s, Calcutta in the 90s and all things warm and nostalgia-infused!

No comments: