Friday 19 December 2014

2014 Favourites: Top 5 Graphic Novels of 2014.


1. The Arrival by Shaun Tan: I recently read and loved this book. I had heard amazing things and all of them were true. It had no words just spell-bindingly beautiful art. A review is up HERE. 



2. The Collected Essex County by Jeff Lemire: Another recent read and another one I loved. A great and poignant story. Reviewed this as well and it can be found HERE. 


3. Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol: A delightful little book! Great art and a fun little story. Review can be found HERE. 


4. Kabul Disco by Nicolas Wild: I don't even remember what lead me to this gem of a book but I am glad I found it. Funny, yet heart-warming and poignant. I really enjoyed it and it's sequel. Review for this can be found HERE. 


5. The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman: Ah! This book broke my heart. It is perhaps the most famous graphic novel that exists and it deserves all it's accolades. Loved it. Can't recommend it enough. This is definetly one of the best books I've read all year! Reviewed HERE. 


And now for a bonus jonas. :0 

I read The Isobel Journal in the summer and really enjoyed my time with it. I read at the end of a crappy day and it immensely cheered me up. I reviewed it HERE

I read my first proper graphic novel last year and loved it, it was Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. At the beginning of this year I wanted to read more from this genre and I have done really well with this resolution of mine. I love this style of story telling and I have read some amazing graphic novels this year and hope to continue this trend in 2015. 

No comments: