Tuesday 2 December 2014

General Whimsy: Early Mornings at Home.






Lately, in the last few weeks I have been starting my days a little earlier than usual. I wake up to let my maid in. As she goes about her chores. I sit in my living room and see the sunlight stream through the window. 
I read the paper. 
See pretty pictures on Instagram and Tumblr. 
Drink coffee. 
Eat some cereal. 
Tidy up my house. 

I love these quiet hours of the morning. A time for me sit still. Plan my day. Just soak up the sun and stillness. 

I am not a morning person. I function better in the night. I have always been a night owl. I studied late into the night. I read into the night. I have the best conversations at night. 

But lately, mornings are making me inordinately happy. 

Maybe things are changing. Maybe, God forbid, I am changing. 


No comments: