Monday 22 December 2014

2014 Favourites: Top 5 Young Adult Books of 2014.


1. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins: This book had a whole lot of hype surrounding it when it came out. I  picked up this book  amidst all this hype. I honestly didn't think I'd like it very much but this was such a fun read! Funny, action packed and wholely entertaining. Loved it and reviewed it HERE. 


2. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin: I just fell in love with this book and it's world and it's people. It was utterly charming, poignant and made me think about  some deep stuff. Review is up HERE. I seriously can't recommend this book enough. 




3. Boys Don't Knit (In Public) by T.S. Easton: I won't lie the cover of this book first drew me to it and then it was a laugh riot. A YA book from the perspective of a young boy/teen is a rare thing, for me at least, I've mostly read YA books from the perspective of girls for the most part. This book was hilarious and endearing and quirky and lovely. The sequel is out already and I need to get my hands on it. So excited! Reviewed HERE. 


4. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys: An incredibly important book that I broke my heart but also taught be about the dreadful chapter of history that I didn't know a lot about. A war novel that tells an inspiring and tragic story of love, family and survival. Loved it! Review HERE. 




5. Say Her Name by James Dawson: Of course, I had to include a thriller type/horror novel here! I am a hugeeeeee fan of all things scary and this book was right up my alley. I loved it. It was fun, spooky, creepy and it kept me guessing. Such a fun time! I reviewed it HERE. 



Now for some bonus jonas//// I loved reading Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster this year, I had read it as a child but I didn't remember a whole lot. This book was sweet, heart-warming, funny and a good romance read. I know it's sometimes classified as a children's book but it's definitely more YA in my opinion. 

And now for the best YA book I read alllll year long.... 


Sorta Like A Rock Star by Matthew Quick: Oh my God, I loveddddd this book. Like BIG TIME loved this book. And I recommend it 100%. Seriously read. It's a wonderful little book. And even though it's YA I think anyone and everyone will like it. I reviewed and gushed about it HERE

No comments: