Sunday 21 December 2014

Perfect Books for Christmas Time.

Reading might not be a priority during the festive season but I thought I'd share a few book recommendations that go well this time of the year.


1. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle: This was my Christmas read lat year. I read this book on Christmas tree as I snacked on some delicious snacks. Good times :) This book consists of three inter-connected short stories that all take place on Christmas eve/ Christmas day. It was a fun read and absolutely perfect read for Christmas. Romance, fun and feels. 


2. The Tale of Beedle The Bard by J.K. Rowling: Fairy tales with a dollop of magic. A short little book and a perfect read. Not to heavy so it's perfect to read while you are surrounded by friends and family and don't what to be distracted from the on going festivities. Harry Potter is generally a great series to read/re-read during Christmas time and this little book is a great read for Christmas time. 



3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky: A poignant and well-written story about coming of age. This is a cult-classic and a great read all around. But there is Christmas in this book and therefore it's good to read right about now. I highly recommend this book. If you've not read this yet, get to it now! 


4. Wildwood by Colin Meloy and Art by Carson Ellis: A beautiful book. Might just be the prettiest book to ever exist. Dreamy illustrations, magical realism, heroic adventures and a dose of fun and wise and brave animals. Recommend it generally but a hint of magic and other worlds makes it a perfect winter read and a good Christmas read. 


5. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding: Funny. Hilarious. Honest and Important. This is a fantastic book and the movie adaptation is great too. I love this book and it's time I re-read this book. I have my eye on this gorgeous Penguin Ink edition :) So pretty! 


6.  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens: This is going to be my Christmas read for this year. A classic and I am really excited to get to this book. Also isn't this Peter Pauper Press Edition just the cutest? This book just screams Christmas :) 


No comments: