Thursday 29 December 2016

2016 Favourites: Best of Beauty & Make-up 2016.

Hello! 

The listing of favourites continues. 
For tonight's post I want to list all of my favourite beauty and make-up bits. I am a low-key beauty lover. Make-up always makes me happy and finding the perfect lipstick or eye shadow brings me joy. 
I also love trying out new make-up bits.
Skincare is something I think all of us should invest some time in. 
:)
We all have skin, so why not make time to do something nice for it?

2016 was a challenging year for my skin.
For close to 2 months, June-July and even bits of August I had terrible skin. Active breakouts almost every day and really dry lips. I mostly hate pimples because they are so freaking painful and of course unsightly as well. I tried everything. Changed my face wash and put on spot applicators and prayed and hoped for good skin. Then I let it go. I mean, how much can you worry about something that is mostly out of our control?! 

The one thing that saved my skin and stopped the breakouts was Vicco Turmeric Skin Cream. It also helped me 5 years ago when my skin was wrecked in Bangalore and a friend recommended this simple but versatile product. I switched to this completely in July and my skin went back to normal! 
Ah! 

So I guess that is my big skincare favourite. 

Now on to the rest of things I've loved best in 2016. 




1. Favourite Face Serum///  The Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Facial Gel with Pure Aloe Vera.

I love this stuff!
This facial gel is super light and mildly fragrant and has all good things. Aloe Vera of course but also blends of other beneficial ayurvedic things like wheatgerm and ashwagandha.
I got a tiny sample first and then got myself a full sized product. Love it. I also love the other variant in this which has pure Rose Water. I want to get that in the new year.



2. Favourite Lip balms/// My lips were horrid to me this year!
They were super dry all year round and this is not normal for me. My lips get only mildly dry in winter but through the year they are alright. But in 2016 my lips went a bit mad.
So I went on a hunt for some lip balm to soothe them. I used a bunch of lip balms all year round and these 3 were my absolute favourites.

Nivea Fruity Lip Care..the best 45 bucks I've ever spent! Sweet smelling and nice to my lips. A perfect solution for mildly distressed lips.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Balm....an old favourite. This doesn't smell that amazing. But this saved my lips. My lips went from super chapped to smooth and lovely over night. I highly recommend this!

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm...another old favourite!
I've been using Burt's Bees since 2008 and I am so glad I can find it easily in India now.


3. Favourite Face Wash/// The Biotique Botanicals Bio Honey Gel is also another product that has been very kind to my skin. It cleanses without drying out my skin. It feels and smells divine. So good!
I've used some other face washes as well but this one stood out like no other.
I also loved the Himalaya Herbals Neem Facewash.


4. Favourite Make-Up Remover/// Bioderma for the win!
This is a constant favourite since I discovered it.
Takes off all the make-up and grime and makes my skin feel so good.
Love it!

Now on to the good stuff...the Make-Up!


5. Favourite Foundation + Concealer + Beauty Sponges///
This has been made favourite face products and the best way to apply it. Sponges!
Hallelujah!
If you haven't yet tried out the wonder that is a make-up sponge or a beauty blender, you've got it. Dampen it and use it blend in your foundation and concealer. Easy peasy and your make-up looks flawless and natural.
The bright pink sponge is from Inglot and is amazing. It is a bit pricey...over 1.2K but so good!
The light pink one is from Forever 21 and is super soft and really, really good!

Now on to the actual make-up!

The L'oreal Infallible 24H Foundation has been a total love of mine this year. I got it in February and have used it constantly since then. Light weight and long-lasting and feels non cakey. Really good.

My go to concealer, when I've used one, I don't use it all the time, is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Smooth and hydrating and with very decent coverage. I really like it.



6. Favourite Eye-Shadow Pallette/// MAC Burgundy Times 9 has got to me my favourite beauty item of 2016. Above and beyond everything else. I LOVE this stuff!
The colours and pigmentation is simply fabulous and I've used this a whole lot...as you can tell from how well loved it looks :)
A mix of matte and shimmer/sparkle/glitter shades this is a great palette for everyday and special occasion use. So good!
MAC eyeshadows are the best and this nifty little palette is amazing and great to travel with.


7. Favourite Mascara + Brow Stuff///
The Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect Mascara is my favourite mascara of the year. This mascara makes my lashes look full and long and beautifully curled. So good! Get it folks!

The Benefit Gimme Brow is worth all of the hype. It is fantastic. It is super easy and quick to use and  looks natural and my brows look very on fleek. :) This is a newer purchase but is a total favourite.


8. Favourite Lipsticks/// Sephora Brand Lipsticks in the shades Charmer and Decollete.
Ah!
Sephora finally came to Bombay and I bought these two lipsticks on my first visit. Love the pigmentation, smoothness and of course the everyday wearability of these lippies. So good and such good quality too.


I also used a ton of oldie but goldie faves from MAC like See Sheer, Mehr, Brick-o-la and Hug Me. But I have talked about them on the blog before so I didn't want to harp on.


9. Favourite Liquid Matte Lipsticks/// Yes, this gets it's own section!
I fell in love with matte lipsticks this year and these are the ones I loved best.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Abu Dhabi. It's the perfect nude and stays in my bag at all times.
I have 2 of the new Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip and Cheek Tint thingies. I haven't once tired using them on my cheek, because why?! I am perfectly happy using them as lipsticks. The formulation of these babies is the freaking best. So good. It feels like you have nothing on. They also do tint your lips a bit so even if they fade out...which they don't easily...it leaves a faint colour behind. So good!
I have the shades Blush Velvet & Coffee Lite. Both are lovely.
Blush Velvet is a good, very close dupe for MAC's Mehr which is a lipstick I love.

&
Finally the Chambor Extreme Wear Transfer proof Liquid Lipstick in the shade 402. One of the first liquid matte lipstick things I bought this year and I love it.



I honestly can't get enough of these!
:)


10. Favourite Perfume/// Coco Mademoiselle from Chanel.
You've got to smell this stuff. Smell it and love it.
I got back to this perfume after a gap of a few years. I last used it in 2010..and then moved on to other fragrances but this year it was time to get back to this love.
It is lovely! So glad I went back to it. Honestly, any perfume from Chanel is perfect. I love No. 5 and also adore Chance.
:)

Done!

Have a good one, guys!



No comments: