Thursday 8 December 2016

Book Haul: Books of November 2016 + Mini-Reviews.

Hello! 

Time for a book haul. And this one is a little belated. I got these books back in the middle of November. 
I have already read a few of these books and the reviews are coming soon, I promise. 
I will be doing little mini-reviews here as well.
So read on. 



Books Bought 

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame 
Stalker by Lars Kepler 
Jorasanko by Aruna Chakravarti 
Daughters of Jorasanko by "
Secret Spaces A Collection of Short Stories by Aruna Chakravarti 


Funny story..I hadn't actually ordered this book. 
So imagine my surprise when I opened the package and saw this book!
I had actually ordered Peril in the End House by Agatha Christie and Amazon accidentally sent me this book.
Oh Well! 
Since I didn't own this book nor have I ever read it, I decided to keep it and not report the matter to Amazon.


Vintage Classics have the prettiest books. 


So charming. 




A mystery read. We..mostly my sister has read a few books by this author and enjoyed it. 
So I got this mostly for her. 




I loved, LOVED these books so much.
I know very little about the Tagore's so this was a whole new world to me. 
I loved reading about this prestigious family and their daily lives and especially the lives of the women in the Tagore household. 
Riveting and intriguing and wholly immersive. 
I can't wait to talk about these books in detail.
I gave Jorasanko 5/5 stars and it's sequel 4/5.
Loved it and made my sister read it and now I am making my father read it too.
It will be interesting to see how someone who knows a fair deal about the Tagore feels about this book. 
I highly recommend these books. Of course these books will probably give you more if you already know of the Tagores. 
But even if you don't, you could still read these books and see how people lived back in the day. I for one am a sucker for books about homes and lives of womenfolk back in the day. 



When I started reading this book I realised that there was something very familiar about these stories. 
:)
I had read it back in 2014 and kinda forgotten about it. 
:(
But these stories are fantastic. I was more than happy to re-read these stories.  
Moving, well-written, insightful and beautifully crafted characters. 
So good!
4/5 


No comments: