Saturday 22 December 2018

2018 Favourites: Favourite Young Adult (YA) Books of 2018 {Blogmas Day-21}




Hello! 

Next up for my yearly favourites are my favourite 2018 YA aka Young Adult reads. 
I don't read that much YA to be honest, not because of any prejudice of any sort. I think YA books can be just as amazing and just as meaningful and enriching as other literature. I just have for one reason or another been not reading a whole lot of YA fiction. Something to possibly amend in 2019. 

These are some of my favourite YA Reads from 2018. 

1. ONE BY SARAH CROSSAN: This was one of my first reads of 2018, how apt, given its title. A book written in verse, a very new reading experience for me. A story about conjoined twins and a decision to go separate ways and live a 'normal' life. Incredibly moving and powerful. I loved this book and cannot recommend it enough. 
5/5 

2. THE HATE U GIVE BY ANGIE THOMAS: There isn't enough I can say about this book that hasn't been said already. A powerful read and a great commentary on race, police violence and finding your voice. 
Just as great as everyone says it is. 
5/5 

3. INDIRA BY DEVAPRIYA ROY & PRIYA KURIYAN: This incredible mix of fiction and fact, text and illustration, was a one of the best things I've read all year. A look at the life of our only female Prime Minister was truly enlightening and inspiring. 
5/5 

4. TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE (TRILOGY) BY JENNY HAN: These books were a revelation! 
I have had these books sitting on my Kindle for years now, at least 3 years and for some reason I've not been in the mood to read them. Late on night in March, unable to sleep, I started to read the first book and I was HOOKED! I just couldn't put it down! It was charming, lovely, mushy and full of feels! I loved it. I don't read a lot of romance but these books just blew me away. I also loved the film adaptation on Netflix. But the books were so much better! 
5/5 

5. THE LAST TIME I LIED BY RILEY SAGER: A thriller for the list! This book set partly in a camp was a run ride. I read it pretty much in one sitting and couldn't put it down. I loved it. It's a perfect winter read if you are looking for one. 
4.5/5 

6. PERRENIALS BY MANDY BERMAN: Another camp read. I just can't resist books set in camps. This one dealt with female friendships, changing equations, coming of age and an unexpected death. Engaging and sincere, this was a great read. 
4/5 




No comments: