Wednesday 6 May 2015

Monthly Favourites/// April 2015.

April just whizzed by didn't it? Well, it seemed like it! 

April was a decent month. There were some definite highs and some meh-ish lows. 

There was loads of home cooking.
Some baking. 
Lots of hiding at home from the sun.
Some book buying. 
Lots of stationery love. 
Spending time with my friends. 
Reading a decent number of books. 
Lots of blogging. 
It was super hot. 


April you were fun :) 

Here are some of my favourite things from April..


1. The L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil: Perhaps not the best thing to use in summer but this product works wonders when your skin is dry and looking listless. This is my second bottle of the stuff and I recommend it wholeheartedly! It's so good. It foams up when it comes in contact with water and it leaves your skin super soft and smooth and very moisturized. I am very lazy when it comes to applying lotion so this is my way out.



2. The Nivea Shower Gel with Waterlily and Oil: Slightly more season appropriate, this is perfect for summer. Refreshing, this leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and lovely! 



3. Schwarzkopf Deep Cleansing Shampoo: This shampoo is a Godsend! It's so good and just the best thing for my scalp in the hot and humid summer months. It thoroughly cleans my hair and yet it doesn't over dry my hair or scalp. So good! And it smells nice too and smells really clean and fresh.


4. Kiehl's Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash: I have a love-hate relationship with Calendula. Let me explain. When I was a kid, my dad had this Calendula ointment that we used put on our scrapes and cuts. So my association with Calendula is a painful one. I associate it with skinned knees and painful cuts. Not the best memories. 

But I think my association is about to change! This face wash is incredible! So so so good. It cleans my face wonderfully and doesn't dry it out. It is perfect. I have pretty oily skin and this works wonderfully for me. 

I love Kiehl's and I have loved pretty much all the products I have tried from them. I especially love The Midnight Recovery Oil and eye cream and the Avocado eye-cream.


5. Daisy Pendant from Accessorize: I have a THING for daisies! Daisies are my favourite flowers. So when I spotted this pendant at Accessorize I just had to get it. I love the design an the love the subtle very summer colours! :)


6. Bobbi Brown Lipsticks: Last month I finally made it to the Bobbi Brown store and had a little looksie and came home with two of their lipsticks I got Brown and Rum Raisin and they are both pretty everyday colours and I love them both. The formula is great. It slides on easily and smoothly and they have amazing staying power. I totally recommend them. I also want to try their eye-shadows in the future.


7. Stickers: I love love love love stickers. I always have and I always will. Last month we got a lovely package full of stickers from a friend. Thanks N, I love them all! :)


8. Bookmarks: April was a good month for bookmarks! I first got some darling bookmarks from Craft'ed that I hauled HERE. And then I got three new Little Miss and Mr. bookmarks from Crossword. I love these and call me crazy but pretty bookmarks always enhance my reading experience.



9. Neendori from Neen Showers: My sister has been a long time fan of the Midori Traveler's notebooks and has been trying to get me interested in them too. For all this time I resisted but when I saw the delightful designs of the cloth-doris from Neen Shower's Etsy shop- Love Neen   and I wanted one. I got this in the mail and I was in love. I've been using it for a bit now and I love it and I might even order one more in the future. I use this to write about the books I am reading...in detail and just to write about my thoughts on reading and things like that. 

10. ListerGottaList: I participated in the ListersGottaList challenge and I loved being creative and making lists and thinking about the various prompts. I shared up to day 15 on my Instagram account but then stopped. I made a few more lists but didn't share them as I felt it was a little personal. But I adored participating in this challenge. :) So much fun!



11. TV Shows: I discovered two new TV shows that I simply loved! The Messengers is part-fantasy, part-dystopian and part-myth/legend type of a show. It seems really interesting so far! Fresh Off the Boat is a HYSTERICALLY funny TV show about an immigrant Chinese family and how they fit in with their all-white neighbours in Florida. Super funny! 


Have a great day and see you soon! :) 
 

No comments: