Saturday 30 May 2015

Weekend Reads/// Set-8.




Hello! 

We could might as well call this post Weekend Reads- Flu Edition. 

If you follow me on Instagram, you'd know I am currently down with a summer flu. It happens every year and I try to battle it with juices, books and loads of sleeping and maybe watching a movie or two. And maybe if I am feeling particularly indulgent a dash of online shopping. ;)

My reading goals for the weekend are therefore simple-ish. 

The only un-read book on my monthly TBR is Notes from the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. As much as I would love to read it right now but I just don't have the mental/physical strength to deal with it. I read about 6 pages, loved it and put it down for when I am all there.

I thought long and hard and figured I needed to read something simple. Something graphic novel-esque perhaps and then maybe some YA that is always an easy and quick read for me. A looksie on my bookshelves and I decided on the Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney, a book I've had on my bookshelves for over 5 years and still not read it. So it's high time I finally got to it. Plus it promises to be a happy, light and fun read. 

The book I am currently reading is All The Rage by Courtney Summers, a YA contemporary novel that deals with rape, it's aftermath and the rampant rape culture. It's a heavy and intense read but one I am enjoying thoroughly.

If I manage to read both these books by some miracle. I might just get to some other books on my Kindle. Reading on my Kindle is so much easier when I am feeling physically weak and restless and unwell. 

Hope you guys have a good weekend! 

Happy Reading! :)

No comments: