Wednesday 16 December 2015

2015 Favourites: Top 5 Graphic Novels/ Comics of 2015.

Hello! 

I had to really think hard while coming up with this Top 5 list. I didn't read nearly as many comic books/ graphic novels as I would have liked to this year. Not nearly as many as I read last year. But the ones I read I enjoyed and I really want to read more in 2016. 

Once again in no particular order let's see the Graphic Novel's and Comic Books I loved best in 2015. 





1. The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami: A sweet, strange and whimsy little book that has beautiful art and some very Murakami elements. The full review for this book can be found HERE. 


2. Harappa Files by Sarnath Banerjee: An interesting and fun read full of wonderful art. A beautiful book. I immensely enjoyed it. Full review can be found HERE. 




3. The Fade Out by Ed Brubaker and Sean Philips: A film noir setting and a bunch of murders. All good things! Old Hollywood, shade characters and a script writer trying to make sense of it all. A murder mystery and a great setting and some nice artwork. A really enjoyable read. So good! I read 5 issues of this comic and I really need to read more and find out who the evil killer is. 


4. Revival by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton: A rural community where the dead are coming back to life. Not in a zombie way but in a just regular, we were dead and now we are alive. Interesting, spooky and scary in bits and nice characters. Once again I need to read more issues of this comic and I cannot wait! 


5. Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley: This is the writer behind the Scott Pilgrim series, which I haven't read. I wanted to read this since it's a stand alone and it sounded interesting. A girl who can go back in time and have a second chance at doing certain things over. An interesting premise and fun and funny read with nice artwork. I liked the characters and the situations and the magical realism bits. Really enjoyed it. 


No comments: