Tuesday 29 December 2015

2015 Favourites: Top 5 Short-Story Reads of 2015.

Hello! 

2015 has for me been a year of reading and loving Short Stories. 
I love Short Stories for a variety of reasons...

  • They are great for busy days. Dip in and out.
  • Great for when you don't want to get into a full fledged novel.
  • A great way to try a new author. 
  • A great way to try a bunch of authors in case of an anthology. 
  • Great option for reading in travel.. again dip in and out and not get too caught up. 
Here are the short-story books I loved best in 2105...in no particular order.
Since I read a lot of Indian Writing in 2015, most of these books are by Indian writers. 


 1.My Lawfully Wedded Husband and Other Stories by Madhulika Liddle: I adored this collection of stories with a twist. Great writing and stories that leave you with a gasp. So good and such a fun ride. Read the full review HERE


2. Slasher Girls and Monster Boys by Various Authors: This was my Halloween Read for the year and such a fulfilling read. Scares, spooks, mysteries and twists and turns. So good. Even if you aren't a YA reader I'd recommend this book to you. Read a full review HERE.  


3. Another Man's Wife by Manjul Bajaj: I loved this collection of short stories, enjoyed the writing. The range of the stories and all of the wonderful characters. I didn't do a full review but a mini-review is up HERE


4. Falling in Love Again by Ruskin Bond: A sweet and very charming collection of stories by Ruskin Bond. This was a summer read that I immensely enjoyed. I am not the most avid reader of romance stories but this was in typical Bond style very soothing and comforting and very charming. I rated it 4/5 but somehow forgot to do a review it on the blog. 


5. Karma and Other Stories by Rishi Reddi: Such wonderful stories set in both India and within the Indian diaspora in America. Stories of families, changes and adjusting to new life and lifestyle. Also how gorgeous is this book?! Read the full review HERE

I hope to read more short-stories in 2016.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Slasher Girls and Monster Boys and The Kind Worth Killing, two of my favourite reads from 2015 was based on your review. Thanks a ton, as always :)

Pooja T said...

Yay! I am so happy to help. I loved both of these books so much and glad you enjoyed them too!
:)))))