Monday 28 December 2015

2015 Favourites: Top 5 Non-Fiction Reads of 2015.

Hello! 

When it comes to books I am a fiction reader through and through. 
I have always been drawn to fiction books and for years I didn't read any non-fiction. 
But in the last few years in a bid to read from other genres I have turned to non-fiction titles. 
I especially enjoy memoirs and true life accounts. 

I don't read as many non-fiction books as I would like to but here some books I really enjoyed from this genre in 2015... 


1. Wildflower by Drew Barrymore: A newish read for me and one I read in one sitting and really enjoyed. It was utterly charming. I did a full review on this book, which you can read HERE


2. Aarushi by Avirook Sen: A sensational case that to this date remains shrouded in mystery and conspiracy theories. I might not agree with everything the author has said in this book but I enjoyed this book immensely and it got me thinking. And I read this book in one sitting as well. A full review can be found HERE. 


3. The Old Man and His God by Sudha Murthy: Real life stories full of inspiring and every day characters. Real and genuine and heartfelt and such an inspiring and enjoyable and light read. So good. I always enjoy Sudha Murthy's writing and this was such a comforting and soothing read. A did a mini-review on this book HERE. 


4. Mrs. Funnybones by Twinkle Khanna: This was such a funny book. And entertaining and such a fun ride. I don't read a lot of Twinkle Khanna's articles in the papers but this book was so good. I highly recommend it. A full review is HERE.



5. Something Happened on The Way To Heaven, Edited by Sudha Murthy: 20 inspiring stories written by real people dealing with everything from an acid attack, death of a loved one and even the Partition. Really good and enjoyable. Read the full review HERE. 


No comments: