Wednesday 10 January 2018

Book Haul/// Books of January 2018!

Hello! 

I recently got some books in the main and I want to share my newest additions to my bookshelf with you! 

I started my year with buying books and I got some books that had been on my Amazon Wishlist for ages, I figured the New Year was the perfect time to treat myself! 

So let's see some of my newest books! 


Books Bought/// 

Uncommon Type by Tom Hanks 
Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan 
The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan 
Abandon by Sangeeta Bandyopadhyay 
Mrs. C Remembers by Himanjali Sankar 
Two by Gulzar 
The Aunt Who Wouldn't Die by Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay 
The High Priestess Never Marries by Sharanya Manivannam 


This collection of short stories has been on my wish list for ages. I can't wait to get to this book soon. 


I am currently reading this darling novella. 
I have already seen and loved the movie adaptation of this novella- Goynar Baksho, directed by Aparna Sen with Konkona Sen and Moushumi Chattejee. The movie is a gem! 
I highly recommend it. It is a family favourite. 



Gulzar's first full length novel. About partition and it's aftermath. 
Coloured me intrigued! 


Another book that was on my radar for ages! 
A woman with Alzheimer's and her memories. 
I am so excited to read this book! 



Another Bengali book. 
I just can't resist a Bengali book! 


One by Sarah Crossan was one of my first reads of 2018. The minute I finished it, I went and found 2 more books by her and added them to cart! 
I have already read The Weight of Water and quite enjoyed it. 
Review coming soon! 



When your favourite actor writes a book, you get it. 
Tom Hanks writing short stories is just the thing I always wanted but didn't know it did. 
I might save this one for next month- my birthday month! 
So excited! 
:) 



:) 
This one was bought because it was dirt cheap and I am child!
Seriously! I couldn't resist this. 
:) 



So much happy reading in my future! 

:) 

I love a year that started with books! 

:) 


No comments: