Wednesday 3 January 2018

Book Haul/// First Books of 2018 + Currently Reading.

Hello!!! 

It is so cold in Bombay today! 
Of course, I mean this by Bombay standards. 
Ah! 
So grateful for this winter spell. 

:) 

On to other happier things. 
I started my year with a mini-bookhaul. 
Like literally, I bought my first book of the year at 2:00 AM on January 1st! 
And added another book to my Kindle the next evening and I just quickly wanted to share those books on the blog tonight. 

So let's see the two newest additions to my e-library. 




Six Four by Hideo Yokoyama. 

Plot Summary: 
SIX FOUR.
THE NIGHTMARE NO PARENT COULD ENDURE.
THE CASE NO DETECTIVE COULD SOLVE.
THE TWIST NO READER COULD PREDICT.
For five days in January 1989, the parents of a seven-year-old Tokyo schoolgirl sat and listened to the demands of their daughter's kidnapper. They would never learn his identity. They would never see their daughter again.
For the fourteen years that followed, the Japanese public listened to the police's apologies. They would never forget the botched investigation that became known as 'Six Four'. They would never forgive the authorities their failure.
For one week in late 2002, the press officer attached to the police department in question confronted an anomaly in the case. He could never imagine what he would uncover. He would never have looked if he'd known what he would find.
Thoughts: A Japanese crime/thriller that sounds like a lot of fun and something I hope to enjoy. 
My sister might read this first and then I hope to get to it soon. 




A Mussoorie Mystery Edited by Ruskin Bond 

Plot Summary: On the morning of 19 September, while Miss Mountstephen was still away, Miss Garnett-Orme was found dead in her bed. The door was locked from the inside. On her bedside table was a glass. She was positioned on the bed as though laid out by a nurse or undertaker.’
From ‘A Mussoorie Mystery’ by Ruskin Bond

There are very few readers who don’t get a feeling of satisfaction from reading a good short story. It is the ending to a story that can make the reader sit up and think about it—some can be good, some twisted and some absolutely anticlimactic! Read about a couple who set out to get the perfect gift for each other and the surprising twist in the end in ‘The Gift of the Magi’; a robotic dancing partner, which creates more menace than a human partner ever can in ‘The Dancing Partner’; and Bond’s own telling of a mystery set in Mussoorie, which caught the fancy of none other than Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes; and many more such stories. Selected and edited by Ruskin Bond, this collection is abound with several fantastic, scary, surprising and humorous stories.


Thoughts: This was my first bookish purchase of the year and one that I started reading first. I have only finished on story in this anthology so far, the title story penned by Ruskin Bond. There are some other greats in this anthology I am excited to get to their stories as well. 



Currently Reading/// The book I am currently reading is One by Sarah Crossan. And OH MY GOD! I love it. It is such an amazing book about conjoined twin sisters and it is breaking my heart but uplifting it as the same time. So good! I started it earlier in the evening and I just can't put it down! It is so good! 

Plot Summary: Grace and Tippi don't like being stared and sneered at, but they're used to it. They're conjoined twins - united in blood and bone. 

What they want is to be looked at in turn, like they truly are two people. They want real friends. And what about love?

But a heart-wrenching decision lies ahead for Tippi and Grace. One that could change their lives more than they ever asked for...

This moving and beautifully crafted novel about identity, sisterhood and love ultimately asks one question: what does it mean to want and have a soulmate? 


OK, that's it for now. 
It's time for me to go back to the my wonderful book. 





Click above to read a free sample. 
 You will love this book, I promise. 

I am really, really loving it. 

Till next time... 

Happy Reading! 

No comments: