Tuesday 9 January 2018

Monday Moods: What My Monday Looked Like!

Hello! 

My Monday is just about drawing to a close. 
And it's been a good one. 
A very good one. 

I'd thought for today's post I'd share a little Day in My Life sort of post. 
For nearly two years I attempted to do a Project 365...wherein I tried photographing bits of my daily life and sharing a picture from each day of the year on the blog. 
Both years I failed...somewhat miserably. Turns out I am not too great about documenting each day with a picture. 
This year I am trying a page a day journal; where I write a page about my day. I keep this journal by my bedside and write in it before I go to bed. An easy enough way to document my life and write every single day. 


This is my Daily Journal. An A6 sized journal full of cats doing things on the cover! Also, I love the happy yellow colour and it's size is perfect to write enough for the day. I am really loving this journal and I hope to continue doing it for the rest of the year. 

What I am reading today/// The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan. 


I recently read and loved One by Sarah Crossan and I immediately went and ordered 2 more of her books. This one, deals with immigrants- a mother and her young daughter- dealing with their new home and being lost and confused. 

I am a very little bit in and I am loving it.  Like One this too is written in verse. I can't wait to read this book and sink into this story. 
:) 


An inspiring Journaling Card from my Journal. 
Words to live by! 


And talking about inspiration- Oprah's speech at Golden Globes was everything. I cannot tell you or fully articulate what Oprah means to me. I have learnt so much from her and she is one my biggest inspirations and role models. To hear her speak today was a joy. I was weeping throughout. 
The Golden Globes themselves were such a wonderful show. I loved how so many people, mostly women, spoke up abuse and harassment and injustice. It was an important and much needed award ceremony which turned out to be so much more than just a glitzy Hollywood award show. 
So good! 
I happily and sometimes sobbingly watched the show all evening. 
My other favourite moments were...

Aziz Ansari winning for Master of None. 
James Franco winning! I love this man! 
Frances McDermott's winning speech. 
&
Quite a few of Seth Meyers's jokes. 

A good time! 


Today also include some very happy mail. 
&
Some early birthday presents! (My birthday is in February!) 

:) 

Got this beautiful laptop case from Ilika Studio, they are perfectly sewed and soft and padded. 

The Kalamkari kurta is a gift from my friend and I can't wait to wear it. 



More little gifts. 
:) 
In here are two bird brooches from By Paulami. 
:) 

Will show all of these delights properly in posts soon. 

Hope you've had a good start to the week. 



No comments: