Saturday 20 June 2015

Book Recommendations: Books for Rainy Days!


Hello! 

As I write this post, sitting very cozy in my pyjamas, drinking a cup of Caramel Latte, it's pouring outside. And it's been pouring for the past two days! 
This is pretty much idea of perfection. 
I LOVE the rains. 
LOVE it! 

I love how rains signal the end of summer heat. I love how lush green everything looks. I love drinking chai. Eating comfort food and of course, I love reading! 

Reading a good book while it rains outside is just blissful. 
Personally I love reading books that are a little dark, a little mysterious and thrilling when it's dark and gloomy and grey outside. But I also think Romance books work well with the rain. ;) 

Here are some of the books I recommend for the perfect rainy day. 
They go well with a side of tea/coffee and something delicious to snack on. :) 

RAINY DAY BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS: 

1. Anything by Agatha Christie... Five Little Pigs, Halloween Party, Death on the Nile, A Murder is Announced, Then There Were None...really just pick any of her books and enjoy murder and mayhem. 

2. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. 

3. The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. 

4. Night Film by Marisha Pessl 

5. Books by Sarah Rayne...I love her books. Psychological thrillers with a supernatural turn at times. I especially loved Roots of Evil, What Lies Beneath and Tower of Silence all by Sarah Rayne. 

6. Books by Tess Gerritsen. I love all the books in the Rizzoli and Isles series.

7. Books by Lisa Gardner. 

8. Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist...oh man! I also highly recommend the film. So good. So scary! 

9. The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris. 

10. House of Leaves by  Mark Z. Danielewski. This book is a trip! Confusing at first and it takes time to really get used to it but it's so worth the read. 

11. Say Her Name by James Dawson. 

12. Books by Stephen King..he is the master of horror. Plus a fantastic writer and his books will scare you for sure. 

13. In The Woods by Tana French. In fact all the books in Dublin Murder Squad by Tana French are great. 

14. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad. 

15. Books by Mary Higgins Clark. I think I've read pretty much everything she's written and I love her books. Fast paced and incredibly engrossing I just can't put her books down once I pick them up. Highly recommend. 

Happy Reading guys! 

I am off to read something creepy and dark myself  and enjoy my rainy day! 


1 comment:

N.L. Mars said...

Hi! It's ChibiJeshka from instagram!
Great post! I read Night FIlm last year in the middle of winter, and it was just so spooky and tense.
I love reading dark books during rainy days as well. I recommend The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Very delicious dark fantasy. :)