Friday 26 June 2015

Weekend Reads/// Set-9--- The Readathon Editon!

Hello! 

This weekend I am doing something a little different and something for the very first time! 

A READATHON!!!! 

I plan on binge reading and trying to read as much as possible! 

The thing is I have the house to myself this weekend..so the plan is to read and read and read! 

Also this weekend I will hopefully read my 100th book of the year and thereby finish my GoodReads Reading Challenge! :) I am super happy to report this. Honestly. I knew I'd reach this challenge but I didn't think I'd reach it by June. Even though i completed my last year's challenge in June as well but this year I was travelling for the first two months and only read like 8 books in January and 10 books or so in February. So I was thinking I'd eventually get to my goal of reading 100 books but I am pleasantly surprised that I've reached here in June already. 

So in order to celebrate I am going to do my first ever Readathon and get my reading on. :) 

Here is what I plan on reading this weekend..well starting this morning Friday 26/6 to Monday afternoon 29/6. 




The Reading List: 

Ripper by Isabel Allende--- I have already started reading this book and it is pretty gripping. It's about an odd group of people all over the world- mostly teens and one 64 yr old- who are trying to solve a grizzly crime in San Francisco. The writing is super nice and though this is a chunky book I hope to finish it quickly since it is a murder mystery.

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid #2 Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kenney---another one I am currently reading and one that I will finish before I fully jump into Ripper and it's only 224 pages and it's a graphic novel so it should be a breeze to finish. It's funny and cute and lovely and I am really enjoying it. Reading this on my iPad. 

A Pocketful of Rye by Agatha Christie---I try to read at least on Christie book a month. I love them. They are my comfort reads and I should hopefully enjoy and read it quickly as well. 

A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf---two essays and it's really thin and acceassable, my classic read for the month so it will be really great if I manage to read it this weekend! 

Tintin Vol. II it contains three Tintin stories 
The Broken Ear
The Black Island 
The King Ottokar's Sceptre 
I will dip in and out of these stories between reading the other books. 

And finally..

The House of Fear by Ibn-e-Safi---should be a fun and fast paced spy/detective/mystery book. 

Wish me luck! 

I hope to read all of these or most of these books but if I am for whatever reason not feeling it...I might move to another book or grab another graphic novel or comic book. 

I only plan on taking breaks from reading when I am sleeping-cooking-eating and showering (obviously!) Otherwise it will be reading from here on out. 

Again, wish me luck! 

I will do a Readathon Wrap-up on Monday evening and tell you all that I managed to read! 

Yay! 

Happy Reading guys :)

No comments: