Wednesday 17 June 2015

June 2015 To-Be-Read List.

Hello! 

I seem to have really just forgotten about getting m TBR for June up on the blog. 
Ooops! 
I have been too busy reading I guess :) 

But here I am, nevertheless sharing my Reading List for this month. 

This month I have given myself a little bit of a theme if you will. 

Jitters in June. 



June here in Bombay means rains, rainy days, cloudy skies and thunder and lightening. Therefore, a perfect time in my opinion to read some creepy books and books about murder and mayhem! 

I have pulled out some books keeping with this theme but I also don't want to overdose on psychological thrillers and read some other books as well. 

Since this is the middle of the month already, more like the second half is already on it's way. I have obviously read quite a few books on my TBR. 

So let me show you what else I plan on reading for the rest of this month...


My Reading List for the rest of the month..

Sophie and The Sybil by Patricia Duncker (this is a review book from Bloomsbury.) 
The Good Luck of Right Now by Mathew Quick 
Ripper by Isabel Allende (murder mystery and in keeping with my theme!) 
A Room of One's Own by Virginia Wolfe (a non-fiction read.) 
Love and Longing in Bombay by Vikram Chandra (RR..Re-Read)
A Dead Hand by  Paul Theroux (another theme read)
Oscar Wilde and The Dead Man's Smile by Gyles Brandreth (more murder mystery)
The House of Fear by Ibn-e-Safi (a Pakistani cult classic/pulp classic spy story, so fun and slightly in keeping with my theme!) 
 A Pocketful of Rye by Agatha Christie (well...theme goals!) :) 

Now for the books I've already read and the book I am currently reading! 


From Top to Bottom..

Oscar Wilde and the Ring of Death by Gyles Brandreth..my current read and I am loving it. Totally in keeping with the theme. This book is a sequel or rather second in the series of books featuring Oscar Wilde and Arthur Conan Doyle solving murders! So good! 

This House is Haunted by John Boyle--- gothic horror. Review coming soon. 
The Color Purple by Alice Walker..loved it! 
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson...review coming soon.
The Harappa Files by Sarnath Banerjee..loved and reviewed already! 

Not pictured here but I have also read...

The Runaways Vol. I by Brian K. Vaughn 
The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma 
The Devil You Know by Trish Doller 
The Never List by Koethi Zan

I will be reviewing most of these soon. 

So there is my June TBR and a mini catch-up on everything I've read so far in the month. 

Happy Reading you guys..I'll see you soon!

No comments: