Sunday 31 December 2017

2017 Favourites/// Top 17 Books of 2017 + My Year in Books!



Hello! 

In a few hours 2017 will be gone. 
A year which the world will remember as not so stellar. 
For me personally, it was an OK year. 
Not too bad...not too great. 
A perfectly average year! 

I am sorta glad to see it leave. 
I cannot wait for 2018 and all that it bring with it. 

But now let's stick to 2017 shall we?

It was a year of reading, writing 25,000 words in one month, going back to Landour, watching over 100 films, cooking some amazing food, beautiful bags, lots of stationery and journaling and being content with my little life.
:)


READING HIGHLIGHTS! 

1. I read over 200 books! 210 new books to be precise.
To me this is a fantastic thing. I read over 170 books in 2016 and this year I wanted to do a little better. Even though my Good Reads Challenge was still 100 books, in my heart I wanted to double it; and I am so happy I was able to do just that. 


2. I even re-read some old loves, which is another thing I am happy about. What is the point of a flourishing personal library if I don't re-read? 

3. I read a TON of psychological thrillers. In fact, this was my most read genre all year round. I am so pleased. This is my favourite genre and I glad I read so much from it. 

4. I read some truly amazing books! (List coming below!) 

5. I read a lot on my Kindle. 

I really had a good reading year and for that I will always be grateful to 2017. 

As far as my book buying went, I think I bought books very sensibly this year. There were many months in which I didn't buy a single book! Go me. I am so proud of my restrained book buying in 2017. 

I also blogged pretty consistently- getting a total of 280 posts up. 

READING MISSES! 


1. Not reading enough classics. 

2. Not reading some books I hoped to read this year. 

3. Not reading older books from my shelves. 

4. Not reading enough graphic novels. 

Now on to my 17 TOP BOOKS OF 2017! 

I have listed some favourites from specific genres but this is whole mish-mash all encompassing master list if you will! 

So here we go... for links to the full review  click on the name of the book. 

2017 TOP 17 BOOKS! 


8. The Lonely Monarch by Sunil Gangopadhyay 
9. Death Under The Deodars by Ruskin Bond 
10. Sister One, Two and Three  by Nancy Star 
11. Black Water Lilies by Michel Bussi 
12. Into The Water by Paula Hawkins 
13. The Woman on the Orient Express Lindsay Jane Ashford
14. Monsters by Emerald Fennell
15. Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls by Elena Favilli and Francesco Cavallo
16. Zoon by Selina Sen 
17. Jihadi Jane by Tabish Khair

I've done reviews for most of these books, click on them to be taken to the full reviews.

Thank you 2017 for all the great books, amazing stories and fantastic characters.
&
Thank you Dear Reader for coming along for the ride.
:)

I'll see you in 2018!


No comments: