Wednesday 27 December 2017

2017 Favourites: Top 5 Non-Fiction Books of 2017.

Hello!!! 

I always intend to venture away from my usual reading styles. One of those forays away from my reading comfort zone is reading some non-fiction books. I prefer fiction and literature over non-fiction any day. But there are a few types non-fiction titles that interest me- memoirs & biographies and true crime. I absolutely want to read more from this genre and broaden my reading horizons. 

I am so happy that I actually read quite a few non-fiction titles in 2017 and here are some of my favourites. 


1. Found Dead by Shantanu Guha Ray/// Some of India's most popular and headline grabbing crime stories. 
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and read it in pretty much one sitting. 


2. Sold by Patricia McCormick/// I loved this book and it's incredibly important topic. Sex trade is a menace  that has to be curbed and books like this and conversations around the issue are good place to start and raise awareness. 



3. Mafia Queens of Mumbai by S. Hussain Zaidi/// More true crime stories, but this time about the perpetrators of crime and gangs and gang-wars  and gang lords. 
A full review can be found HERE. 


4. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie/// A TED talk put into book form. A little slice of why we all need to be feminists and fight for equal rights and an equal position in society. 
A fantastic and concise piece. 
Highly recommend. 


5. Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls/// I love that this book has already achieved cult-classic status and rightly so. 
Inspiring and so inclusive of so many women from across all walks of life and all time periods as well. 
So good! 
Great for kids and adults alike. 

Some other honourable mentions. 


Khullam Khulla by Rishi Kapoor// Fun and nostalgic and a good read. 


Indira by Sagarika Ghose// A very detailed and well-researched book about India's most talked about and sometimes revered and at times controversial Prime Minister. I really loved it. 


No comments: